Stanislav Chistov

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Frolov 6'3 said:
Talented player that was rushed to the NHL.

He went back to Russia and is playing for Magnitogorsk Metallurg right now.

He was not rushed to the NHL. He was NHL ready that wasn't the problem.

The problem was he was spoiled with a good rookie season and a Stanley Cup finals appearance and then he got lazy and didn't train after his first season and thus had a big Sophomore slump. Then the lockout happens and he has no motivation in the AHL. Then he decides to go back to Russia rather than take a two-way deal to stay in North America.

He is having a good season in Russia, and Burke has said he will do everything he can to bring him back to North America.

so we will see....

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
McDonald19 said:
He was not rushed to the NHL. He was NHL ready that wasn't the problem.

The problem was he was spoiled with a good rookie season and a Stanley Cup finals appearance and then he got lazy and didn't train after his first season and thus had a big Sophomore slump. Then the lockout happens and he has no motivation in the AHL. Then he decides to go back to Russia rather than take a two-way deal to stay in North America.

He is having a good season in Russia, and Burke has said he will do everything he can to bring him back to North America.

so we will see....
Wait a second.

If you think he was NHL ready, that's fine but I think my point of view is slightly more convincing.

got lazy, no motivation anymore...please. Typical comments from a fan who can't cope with reality. Why would a 20 year old unproven prospect behave like this.

2 goals in 56 games in his sophomore year and his 11 goals this year in the RSL is still not convincing.

Obviously he wasn't NHL ready.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Chistov and Svitov will come back...

the funny thing is that in 2001, both formed a line with Perezhogin... and currently, only one of the three is in the NHL... I'm sure this will not stand for several seasons...

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Chistov had a good rookie season with the Ducks. Going to the last game of the play-offs was quite an achievement by the team he was part of. In his second season he didn't try hard at all. Everything had come so easy in his first year, he didn't bother to train much thinking it'll be another easy ride. It wasn't

The lock out season didn't help matters. He was still under contract for that season from the Ducks, so his was to play in the AHL. The AHL is not somewhere that most players from over here would play if they had the choice. The Russian league is better than the AHL, and it's at home for Cheese.

His contract was up with the Ducks, and the new manager was only going to offer a two-way deal (meaning that the team could make him play in the AHL with out much hassle). Chistov didn't like this and went home to Russia. Many player would have done the same.

He's been playing well in Russia, he's third on his team in scoring. (It's also the team Malkin is playing on). He want's go back to the NHL after this season (one year deal in Russia), and the Ducks management have said that they want him too. There seems to be a good chance that a contract can be worked out in the off season.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Frolov 6'3 said:
Wait a second.

If you think he was NHL ready, that's fine but I think my point of view is slightly more convincing.

got lazy, no motivation anymore...please. Typical comments from a fan who can't cope with reality. Why would a 20 year old unproven prospect behave like this.

2 goals in 56 games in his sophomore year and his 11 goals this year in the RSL is still not convincing.

I don't want to search for a link, but Chistov was basically quoted saying he thought everything was going to be easy after the first year and he didn't work hard enough in the offseason.

He was NHL ready. He was a good rookie he was not out of place at all. He simply did not put in the work to take the next step and then he lost his confidence which led to the Sophomore slump.

Don't tell me about typical comments and then say he was obviously not NHL ready like you are some expert. I've seen him play over a hundred games, how many times have you seen him play? Have you met him in person? Do you know his story?

Stick to talking about players you know about.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
jumptheshark said:
he was rushed and when they tried to push him harder

he waved Bu-bi

nope.

they didn't push him harder. They let him go down to the AHL and work on his game, they tried everything. He just hit the Sophomore wall and then the lockout screwed things up after that.

him waving bye bye was the 2-way contract offer, nothing to do with him being pushed.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Naru said:
Chistov had a good rookie season with the Ducks. Going to the last game of the play-offs was quite an achievement by the team he was part of. In his second season he didn't try hard at all. Everything had come so easy in his first year, he didn't bother to train much thinking it'll be another easy ride. It wasn't

The lock out season didn't help matters. He was still under contract for that season from the Ducks, so his was to play in the AHL. The AHL is not somewhere that most players from over here would play if they had the choice. The Russian league is better than the AHL, and it's at home for Cheese.

His contract was up with the Ducks, and the new manager was only going to offer a two-way deal (meaning that the team could make him play in the AHL with out much hassle). Chistov didn't like this and went home to Russia. Many player would have done the same.

He's been playing well in Russia, he's third on his team in scoring. (It's also the team Malkin is playing on). He want's go back to the NHL after this season (one year deal in Russia), and the Ducks management have said that they want him too. There seems to be a good chance that a contract can be worked out in the off season.

Thank you. Nice to see someone who understands what happened with Chistov.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Kafka said:
Chistov and Svitov will come back...

the funny thing is that in 2001, both formed a line with Perezhogin... and currently, only one of the three is in the NHL... I'm sure this will not stand for several seasons...
The funniest thing is that scouts said Perezhogin probably benifited from playing with two superior players. Actually, we're finally seeing that he was the best of the three and has been for some time.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I saw quite a bit of Chistov during his time here in Anaheim. He's both gifted and lazy Note to all NHL GMs: Any reasonable offer for Chistov will merit serious consideration.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I think McDonald 19''s first post was good and accurate...his first season was by and large successful (recall he scored 4 points in his first NHL game) when he got sent down it really crushed any shred of confidence he might have had left in him...he tried everything to get back before the lockout including getting into fights and playing a tougher style which he probably thought might get him into Babcock's good graces again...which is certainly not what he should be concentrating on and mentally he seemed fried...the lockout coupled with playing a season in Russia will hopefully get his head screwed on again and perhaps he will contribute to the Ducks in the not so distant future...I feel like he'll be given every opportunity to if he so desires it.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
McDonald19 said:
I don't want to search for a link, but Chistov was basically quoted saying he thought everything was going to be easy after the first year and he didn't work hard enough in the offseason.

He was NHL ready. He was a good rookie he was not out of place at all. He simply did not put in the work to take the next step and then he lost his confidence which led to the Sophomore slump.

Don't tell me about typical comments and then say he was obviously not NHL ready like you are some expert. I've seen him play over a hundred games, how many times have you seen him play? Have you met him in person? Do you know his story?

Stick to talking about players you know about.
Dude stop acting like you know him personally and when you did meet him personallly....who cares. You have hardly seen him play when he came over to NA, yet you knew he was NHL ready...interesting. Another thing, that he was a good rookie, says nothing about the fact he was rushed to the NHL. I could give you some more names of good rookies who got rushed.

I'm not an expert, I do know he was highly touted, got offered a two-way contract and is now playing in Russia..

I'm a Kings fan and have seen him quite some times. People are allowed to respond on players, also when they don't have seen him over 100 times, wise boy.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Chistov was most certainly NHL-ready, and still is to this day. He played well in his first season, but from what I've heard, seen and read, he thought it was only downhill from there and became very lazy. He played better after his call-up from the AHL, but it's very obvious he hated it down there. I heard he was nearly in tears after the initial demotion, and during the lockout, he said he wanted to go back to Russia but the Ducks wouldn't let him. He's talented and NHL-ready, and from the looks of things in Russia, his work ethic has gotten better, but was lazy during that sophomore season. When he comes back(I say when because he said he wants to be back in the NHL), I see him doing very well, whether it's in Anaheim or wherever else. With Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan likely being the future first line, it looks as if he could become a very good playmaker for Joffrey Lupul in the future should he return to Anaheim, which could be as soon as next year, I believe.

Chistov23

Jul 15, 2003
Memorial Cup 2005
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
The problem was he was spoiled with a good rookie season and a Stanley Cup finals appearance and then he got lazy and didn't train after his first season and thus had a big Sophomore slump.
He went from playing something like 10-15 games in Russia to playing 100 as a 19/20 year old in his first NHL season. He goes for vacation after the finals and it is already mid july, so I don't blame him for his off-season that year. Everyone on the team came back flat. I thought he was good at the start of the season, playing the same way, hit 4-6 posts and couldn't buy a goal. He was second on the team in assists when he was first sent down (something like 40 games into the year.) He led the team in PP assists playing on the 2nd unit of a terrible PP.

I don't really know what to expect from him but it sure would of been nice to have him here this year considering the likes of Brad Moen, Todd Fedoruk, and Johnny Hedstrom have all been tried on our top two lines.

Randall Graves*

I think the guy is a bust, sure he's having a good year in Russia but let's see him pick up his lousy attitude.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Frolov 6'3 said:
Wait a second.

Exactly. If you don't have the dedication to the sport, you are not ready for the NHL. Chistov always had it pretty easy as a youngster growing up based on the fact that his skills were so much better. The game is faster, and tougher at this level, and he clearly was not willing to do what it takes to excel. Doing whatever ti takes to succeed is the FIRST thing you need to be considered "NHL" ready.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
This looks like a Kings fans vs. Ducks fans thread. ;)

I think he most certainly looked NHL-ready his rookie year. He played well during the regular season and looked good in the Ducks playoff run as well. He's got all the tools to be a good scorer in the NHL. Maybe a year away from the NHL will help him.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Frolov 6'3 said:
Dude stop acting like you know him personally and when you did meet him personallly....who cares. You have hardly seen him play when he came over to NA, yet you knew he was NHL ready...interesting. Another thing, that he was a good rookie, says nothing about the fact he was rushed to the NHL. I could give you some more names of good rookies who got rushed.

I'm not an expert, I do know he was highly touted, got offered a two-way contract and is now playing in Russia..

I'm a Kings fan and have seen him quite some times. People are allowed to respond on players, also when they don't have seen him over 100 times, wise boy.

again stick to discussing Kings players then. You can make a response on other players but acting like your an expert is ignorant.

You have already read the replies from another poster regarding Chistov's situation so you know by now you were wrong, so move on.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Legionnaire said:
Exactly. If you don't have the dedication to the sport, you are not ready for the NHL. Chistov always had it pretty easy as a youngster growing up based on the fact that his skills were so much better. The game is faster, and tougher at this level, and he clearly was not willing to do what it takes to excel. Doing whatever ti takes to succeed is the FIRST thing you need to be considered "NHL" ready.

He worked hard his first season. Steve Thomas had him working hard on that line. The Ducks cut Thomas and Oates lose, a lot of veteran leadership was lost.

He was NHL ready then he decided to get lazy. Just because he got lazy in the offseason does not mean he wasn't NHL ready during his rookie season.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
McDonald19 said:
again stick to discussing Kings players then. You can make a response on other players but acting like your an expert is ignorant.

You have already read the replies from another poster regarding Chistov's situation so you know by now you were wrong, so move on.
You must really have a reading problem because for the most part I agree with that other poster. Many things he said, we know already and can we all agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad