Standard Indicator of Success?

Megalodan

Registered Loser
Mar 11, 2011
Drinkscotch Center
Hi, I'm kind of new to this forum. Thanks in advance for your time.

Is there an advanced standard statistic or value that indicates absolute factors of success for a team, and can be broken down to determine the most valuable players on a team?

Is there more than one option, if at all, and what are the pros and cons to each?

Thanks again, I hope to add more to research once I'm caught up.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Hi, I'm kind of new to this forum. Thanks in advance for your time.

Is there an advanced standard statistic or value that indicates absolute factors of success for a team, and can be broken down to determine the most valuable players on a team?

Is there more than one option, if at all, and what are the pros and cons to each?

Thanks again, I hope to add more to research once I'm caught up.

Well what i personally look at when i'm comparing teams at similar point levels (after a significant sample size)... I use goal differential.

I've warmed up to this stat over the years of staring at numbers.
When you have a couple teams around 50 pts each... you can look at special teams or other aspects... but goal differential is probably one of the best indicators of the superior team.

Another newer stat that i now also give a lot of weight to... ROW or ROW win %...

Combine those 2 stats and if one team is superior in both aspects with another team with similar point totals, i would definitely leans towards that as being a good indicator of likely success going forward vs the comparable team.

There's no real fool proof indicator of future success out there obviously...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad