Proposal: Stamkos for “Bobby†Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I would be amazed if he goes to Toronto its just not appealing for many.

I think they're silly enough to give him a max contract which is reason enough. Then he'd be the biggest name in hockey despite his ability and get ALL the endorsements. Like Price but making way more money.

I think its enevitable.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Stamkos is almost assuredly going to Toronto.

It's similar to Babcock: he'd be leaving far too much money on the table and the Leafs can and will spend to the cap so Stamkos won't have to worry about being stuck on a forever mediocre team like ours.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stamkos is almost assuredly going to Toronto.

It's similar to Babcock: he'd be leaving far too much money on the table and the Leafs can and will spend to the cap so Stamkos won't have to worry about being stuck on a forever mediocre team like ours.

Leafs have not won a playoff series in 12 years and they've been spending to the cap for a bunch of those years too. They we're at the cap just last year. Talking about mediocre team, doesn't get much more mediocre than that.

A bunch of team spend at the cap and are total garbage.

Canucks, Sharks, Philly, Pitts and Tampa are all spending to the cap and aren't doing real good. Tampa is in a slump but just goes to show that out of the top 10 cap hits in the league only 3 are top 10 in the standings.

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Stamkos would likely get league max from several teams and we can't match that so no.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If we're trading Ryan for a playoff rental, we should be focusing on the blueline.

Bobby Ryan and our 1st rounder for Gunnarson. Straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad