Stamkos fined for hit on Rielly

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Stamkos was being weird, not sure if anyone noticed but watch when kucherov got that tripping penalty against reilly in the corner earlier in the game. Reilly fell awkwardly and stamkos while clearly facing him skated directly into him while he was lying on the ground. After he semi-collided with him he put his hand up as if he didnt see him there even though he was in his direct point of view and casually drifted right into him while looking at him.

It was a minor nothing play and obviously didnt hurt reilly... just bringing it up because it just looked weird at the time that stamkos would skate into a player while he was lying on the ice... Maybe somehow he didnt see him in front of him?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well it was looking like you were going to keep going on about it until someone finally said something - Just trying to help.
That's the point of asking a question, you hope someone can provide an answer.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
That's the point of asking a question, you hope someone can provide an answer.
Sure. I was just trying to figure out why you chose to ask that specific question - It had implications that didn't make any sense to me.

You said that those implications weren't your intention, so I was just trying to let you know where you could've gone about it differently.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sure. I was just trying to figure out why you chose to ask that specific question - It had implications that didn't make any sense to me.

You said that those implications weren't your intention, so I was just trying to let you know where you could've gone about it differently.
Not everything is sinister. Sometimes a question can just be asked out of curiosity.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Not everything is sinister. Sometimes a question can just be asked out of curiosity.

It was a fair and simple question, that implied nothing IMO, but at least now you have a posting advisor. :sarcasm:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
It was a fair and simple question, that implied nothing IMO, but at least now you have a posting advisor. :sarcasm:
"What did Rielly do?"
"He must have done something"
"I'm still waiting to hear what Rielly did"

How do these not imply that Rielly provoked Stamkos in some way?

I have no interest in being anyone's posting advisor, but wording is important, and phrasing things a certain way is going to come with certain implications. If someone is simply curious about whether or not something happened that they missed, it would make much more sense to ask if any such incident occurred, rather than to assume one did without any supporting evidence.

Obviously I'm coming off as some grammar nazi or something now, when really I just didn't get why someone automatically, continually assumed one of our players did something to warrant this play.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
"What did Rielly do?"

I have no interest in being anyone's posting advisor, but wording is important, and phrasing things a certain way is going to come with certain implications. If someone is simply curious about whether or not something happened that they missed, it would make much more sense to ask if any such incident occurred, rather than to assume one did without any supporting evidence.

Obviously I'm coming off as some grammar nazi or something now, when really I just didn't get why someone automatically, continually assumed one of our players did something to warrant this play.

Don't be too hard on yourself, not everyone gets it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
"What did Rielly do?"

i understand what you meant.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I also noticed the slew foot. That play was very concerning and out of character

DcW

Feb 27, 2018
Very dangerous. Luckily Morgan is ok. I would say $5k is light after watching it again

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If that trip occurs 18 inches further away from the boards, Rielly's neck snaps in half as his head hits the boards and his neck hits the ice.
Career ending or worse.

Hockey truly has dangers. Many are not preventable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad