DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
After G5 and Tampa elimination
35y66pdoryx81.jpg

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
When did Selanne die? lol

Except the last game in the series I was pleasantly surprised with Stamkos, he played like a power forward. He's also a UFA though ...

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Ironically he's likely to fall right back out of the top 100 after Rantanen passes him next round.

Reactions: wetcoast

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you declare Selänne to be dead. What's your obsession with him? It's not like he retired with 674 goals or something similarly disgusting.

Reactions: Plural

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ironically he's likely to fall right back out of the top 100 after Rantanen passes him next round.
also it's questioanlbe if Stamkos is evena top 200 playoff performer among forward all time in the NHL...I doubt it and I like the guy.

Having aid that I doubt that he is in the top 100 playoff performers among forwards since expansion.

A pretty good career surefire HHOFer but not because of playoffs.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Stamkos is a playoff disappointment, always has been.

Incredible player, but this is the first year in his entire career that he has over a PPG in the playoffs, despite having 1137 points in 1082 regular season games in his career.

Only reason he's top 100 is because the Lightning have been a wagon for the last decade.

Reactions: wetcoast

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
Stamkos is a playoff disappointment, always has been.

Incredible player, but this is the first year in his entire career that he has over a PPG in the playoffs, despite having 1137 points in 1082 regular season games in his career.

Only reason he's top 100 is because the Lightning have been a wagon for the last decade.
He was inder point per game for couple years (maybe more) in RS before Kucherov started his 100 point seasons

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The classic Mulletman thread formula:

First, have some stat from which an awfully specific conclusion is drawn. For example, Stamkos's playoffs ppg is 0.79 and reg ppg 1.05 so calling him great in playoffs due to this is a bit, eh. Although he was good this year.

Second, have a random faulty or misinterpreted fact such as Teemu Selänne being "a late great."

Third, have an absolutely random tidbit or opinion that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, such as Stamkos being Washington in his previous life.

Nice return to form here.

Can't we all agree Stamkos is a great player and also stop saying he's a 2x Stanley Cup winner? He played 2 minutes and 47 seconds in that 2020 Cup run. Yes technically his name is on it twice but it's disingenuous. It doesn't detract from his HoF career, it's just a difference of being honest vs factual.
But he even scored a goal, right? How could he not be a Stanley cup winner? Scoring a goal is very different from not playing at all and getting the cup due to a technicality. In that case, you'd have an argument, but as is, this is just not a strong position you're taking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad