Pre-Game Talk: Stadium Series: Pregame Festivities & Roll Call!!!

BourbonMan

May 22, 2012
Morris County NJ
I just read in the Stadium Series thread that bars won't be open or serving before 12, is this true? Can anyone familiar with the area give us a list of fun bars and taverns to pre game at?

Also who here is tailgating?

Anytime I've gone to a 1pm Yankee game on Sunday, neither the bars outside the stadium or the concessions inside the stadium served alcohol before 12pm

Can not confirm anything factually for next Sunday

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yankee games take place 81 times per year, there isn't a need to open/serve before noon

These bars and businesses see little action in the off-season, I'd be surprised if they weren't open before noon for an event like this, plus some bars were apparently open and served before the Pinstripe Bowl, prior to noon

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Sunofa!

I didnt realize the game was on NBC and not on MSG, so there's not going to be a replay? I want to watch the game, but I want to go skiing more. This stinks. :rant:

NC107*

I just read in the Stadium Series thread that bars won't be open or serving before 12, is this true? Can anyone familiar with the area give us a list of fun bars and taverns to pre game at?

Also who here is tailgating?

I read that previously as well and someone else posted they don't open til 12 noon. You'll miss the game if you go to a bar.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Have a group of four coming in from Jersey City; apparently a fifth friend got himself a ticket, but he's a Rags fan so we're going to disown him. Couple of other groups of friends are coming in separately, so we've got a decent sized Devils contingent.

We're probably going to try going to Stan's if they're serving when we arrive, but guess we'll see how they're doing things.

Mory Schneideur*

Care to share where you'll be?

To be honest not sure. I started to threat to get an idea of what people will do but it seems everyone is winging it like us. We should be there as early as 9, PM me and we can text. We will arrive boozed up and our plan is to either hit up a bar or tailgate if they have that. Since gates open at 10 we might make our way over to check out the fan stuff they have inside the park.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Trying to get the VCR timed to record the Devils game tomorrow.

Setting a VCR? I feel like it's 1995 again. Havent done this in years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yes just bring solo cups. They have bothered people on occasion drinking from the bottle/can however even when the cops do they'll just give a warning to pour it in a cup.

Can you reccommend a good parking lot to tailgate in somewhat close to the stadium and what time do the lots open you think?

Mory Schneideur*

If someone can post a map of tailgating areas, would be highly appreciated, I'm clueless as far as Yankee Stadium goes.

Also I just wanted to post this for anyone interested... Fans can expect a wide variety of game-day attractions inside Yankee Stadium, including:

· Coors Light and TEAM Coalition are asking NHL fans to make the pledge to be responsible. Fans who promise never to drive drunk and always have a designated driver will receive a souvenir photo and be entered to win cool prizes because Responsibility Has Its Rewards.

· At the fast-acting Advil® tent, fans can enter for a chance to win a special edition air-brushed goalie mask being created by an artist well-known in the industry, get game-ready with eye-black and temporary tattoos for kids, and pick up a sample of new fast-acting Advil® , the Official Pain Reliever of the NHL®.

· At Can-Am's Spyder display booth, fans can experience the only machine that gives you the adventure and exhilaration of riding in the open air on the open road, combined with incredible control and confidence -- all thanks to its Y-frame design for stability and set of seven automotive technologies.

· Discover will support the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series at Yankee Stadium through a new social program titled the "2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ Social Showdown, presented by Discover." The program encourages all hockey fans to support their favorite team by engaging in a social battle off the ice.

· GEICO will be offering fans the chance to win a $200 gas card and get their picture taken with the Gecko at its interactive booth.

· Panini America, the official trading card and sticker manufacturer of the NHL®, will be giving away free NHL Sticker Albums and packs of 2013-14 NHL Stickers. Panini America also has created a custom NHL Sticker sheet that honors the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series by featuring members of the Devils, Islanders and Rangers.

· Fans can sample SiriusXM's wide array of programming, including the 24/7 NHL coverage on the SiriusXM NHL Network Radio™ channel, at the network's interactive space.

· At the Upper Deck booth, fans will have the opportunity to make and take home their very own hockey trading card. Fans who visit the Upper Deck booth can create a free personalized trading card, play fun games and check out the latest and greatest in hockey cards.

· Verizon will showcase the NHL GameCenter™ mobile app and other innovations. Visitors to the Verizon tent also will have the opportunity to win special prizes, check out exclusive content and receive a commemorative 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series New York bracelet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad