Stacked Team A vs Stacked Team B

In a 7 game series all at their peaks who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Team A for me.

I don't think he was quite there, mostly because I don't think he quite could drive the offense to the same extent.

He had two seasons as good as Bergeron’s this year. Despite having Samuelsson and Raymond as linemates instead of Marchand and Pastrnak.

I broke it down in the same post you quoted for reference.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
He had two seasons as good as Bergeron’s this year. Despite having Samuelsson and Raymond as linemates instead of Marchand and Pastrnak.

I broke it down in the same post you quoted for reference.

I read through your post. I personally think both Toews and Kopi peaked a little higher than Bergeron.

Kesler and Bergeron may be similar offensively, but I'd still prefer Bergeron defensively.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I read through your post. I personally think both Toews and Kopi peaked a little higher than Bergeron.

Kesler and Bergeron may be similar offensively, but I'd still prefer Bergeron defensively.
Analytics suggest that peak Kesler’s defensive numbers are just as good as peak Beegeron’s despite Kesler actually getting tougher zone deployment because the Sedins were insanely sheltered.

Bergeron also had a significantly higher QOT, Marchand is a fantastic possession driver and a top 5 defensive winger in the NHL. Kesler had that on his team in Burrows but he wasn’t a primary linemate.

Again peak Kesler was top 5 in the NHL in goals and won the Selke, that’s pretty good when’s the last time a player did that?

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Give me Gretzky Malkin Forsberg Thornton. Thank you very much! Team A with the greatest player of all time and the greatest goalie of all time. Pretty easy choice imo.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Kesler in peak form can easily drive the offence compared to Toews.
He put up 50 f***ing assists playing with Samuelsson and Raymond. Let that sink in.
He lead the Canucks in the PP goals playing on the second unit without the Sedins,
He put up 40+ goals and won the selke facing tough competition when Malhotra was out.

I don't even like Kesler at all now (basically neutral on him), but facts are facts.

Whatever you say . . .

How original.

Feats, and facts show Kesler at peak form belongs there.

Post something of actual relevance.

So you respond to his one line post, but not mine which pretty well debunked what you said?

That's what happens when you don't have an argument, you make witty unoriginal one liners at a different user, because it's easy to ignore the evidence against you as oppose to facing the truth.

What he could've done was either attempted to engage with a rational coherent response in either countering the evidence you provided with legit statistic, or could've came out as a better user by simply admitting he was wrong.

This isn't surprising though, we have been in this forum for many years, so there's a lot of users just have similar mindset, perception and mentality as this user.

Last edited:
Reactions: dim jim

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So you respond to his one line post, but not mine which pretty well debunked what you said?

I personally don’t think he belongs in the conversation with the legendary players mentioned above, but if you think he does, then fine. I’m not gonna waste my time arguing.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Kesler in peak form can easily drive the offence compared to Toews.
He put up 50 ****ing assists playing with Samuelsson and Raymond. Let that sink in.
He lead the Canucks in the PP goals playing on the second unit without the Sedins,
He put up 40+ goals and won the selke facing tough competition when Malhotra was out.

I don't even like Kesler at all now (basically neutral on him), but facts are facts.

How original.

Feats, and facts show Kesler at peak form belongs there.

Post something of actual relevance.

That's what happens when you don't have an argument, you make witty unoriginal one liners at a different user, because it's easy to ignore the evidence against you as oppose to facing the truth.

What he could've done was either attempted to engage with a rational coherent response in either countering the evidence you provided with legit statistic, or could've came out as a better user by simply admitting he was wrong.

This isn't surprising though, we have been in this forum for many years, so there's a lot of users just have similar mindset, perception and mentality as this user.

Dude, all I said was he seemed out of place here. I was never a huge Kesler fan so a personal bias is probably involved, I just don’t see him as good as the others. But it’s cool, he still is/was a good player. I was just wondering why he was there. But thanks for your paragraph anyway.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I personally don’t think he belongs in the conversation with the legendary players mentioned above, but if you think he does, then fine. I’m not gonna waste my time arguing.

What I saw in the list was either current or future HHOF, and, IMO, Kesler doesn’t make it there. That’s not to say he isn’t a good player, but that’s why he seemed out of place to me.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
What I saw in the list was either current or future HHOF, and, IMO, Kesler doesn’t make it there. That’s not to say he isn’t a good player, but that’s why he seemed out of place to me.

When looking at it from the perspective all of Toews/Bergeron/Kopitar as well as Kesler sticks out a little bit. While I think the 3 aforementioned were a little bit better at their best, the main difference is length of prime. I think Kopitar is the best of the bunch, it's questionable whether he makes the HHOF. Toews/Bergeron may have a better chance based on reputation, leadership, team success etc.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
When looking at it from the perspective all of Toews/Bergeron/Kopitar as well as Kesler sticks out a little bit. While I think the 3 aforementioned were a little bit better at their best, the main difference is length of prime. I think Kopitar is the best of the bunch, it's questionable whether he makes the HHOF. Toews/Bergeron may have a better chance based on reputation, leadership, team success etc.

I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->