Staal moved, possible demotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksheit

Oct 9, 2003
Ft.McMurray
Visit site
tsn.ca reports Francis has been moved back to the middle and that eric staal has been moved to third line duty. Saal was very good on the third line in preseason games, but in the regular season him n francis went pointless.
The article also says that he may b sent back to junior if he continues to disapoint.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well, the third line should be good for him. It'll lighten the workload for him and allow him to learn abetter two-way game. It also seemed like Francis was uncomfortable playing left wing. I don't think Staal's getting demoted. Besides, if they signed him, doesn't that mean they have to send him to Lowell?

Av-merican said:
Well, the third line should be good for him. It'll lighten the workload for him and allow him to learn abetter two-way game. It also seemed like Francis was uncomfortable playing left wing. I don't think Staal's getting demoted. Besides, if they signed him, doesn't that mean they have to send him to Lowell?

Don't quote me on this, but I think that once a player plays ten games he cannot be sent back down to his junior team. Under ten games, I think it's okay.
I think he would probably be better served back in the O, but that's just my heart cheering for Ryan Bayda.

Av-merican said:

They can't send him to Lowell, he will either play in Carolina or Peterborough this season as per the CBA. Once he plays ten games in the NHL his contract kicks in and he is paid regardless, though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No he can't go to the AHL.
He can be sent back to juniors before 10 games without Carolina paying for his first year of salary.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
For selfish reasons, I want Staal to get sent back to the Petes, that way he can represent Canada at the World Juniors. I wouldn't mind if Horton and Fleury were sent back to the Generals and the Eagles too, but in Fleury's case, that isn't going to happen.

Skydog

Dec 9, 2002
Cincinnati
Visit site
I wouldn't call it a demotion either. I think they were going to see if Staal could continue his hot play from the preseason during the regular season and that hasn't happened so he is going a lower line, which is where he was supposed to start. The Francis-Staal-O'neill line was the worst one on the team due to Francis not having the speed to be a winger, immediately after Francis was moved back to center with Marty Murray on the left side there was a flurry of great scoring chances on Broduer.

Robert Paulson*

Kubina_Fan said:
Don't quote me on this, but I think that once a player plays ten games he cannot be sent back down to his junior team. Under ten games, I think it's okay.
I think he would probably be better served back in the O, but that's just my heart cheering for Ryan Bayda.

I would like to see Bayda get a good chance as well, he did really well last season in the games he got to play. :)

Skydog

Dec 9, 2002
Cincinnati
Visit site
canucksfan said:
If he's on the third line now and continues to be on the third linem Carolina might as well send him back to junior.

Why? Because you can't learn anything in the NHL unless you play on the top two lines? He will have a controlled amount of ice time because, after all, he is still only 18 years old.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
CanesFan10 said:
Why? Because you can't learn anything in the NHL unless you play on the top two lines? He will have a controlled amount of ice time because, after all, he is still only 18 years old.

It worked pretty well for a certain Mr. Nash last year...

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Eminger played 17 games or so last season and was sent back to juniors. Wash had to pay him full salary, but they can send him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad