Staal, Malkin, Olesz, or Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Malkin I personally am a fan of, but I'm not sure on his true potential. I've heard he plays like Bobby Holik, but more of an emphasis on offense and less on defense. I really don't know how true that is though, I only saw him play one game so far, and he looked pretty good I guess.

Olesz I wasn't great impressed by from what I saw of him at the WJC's, even before he got flattened by the freight train that was Dion Phaneuf. I really don't have many impressions of him.

Barker I've always thought reminded me a bit of Eric Brewer in his junior days. Brewer was a bit of a better skater though.

Of the 4, I would take Staal though. That kid is crazy-good.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Heater15 said:
Who do you think is the best prospect out of the 4 of them. How close are the 3 undrafted to making it to the NHL? And who would you compare Malkin, Olesz, and Barker to?

thanks

Hmmm Staal is no longer considering an prospect. From those 3 players, Malkin and Olesz can step right in and play. Barker can also step in a la J-Bo. Malkin I would compare him like an european version of Staal. Olesz? wow! the guy have no flaw in his game! he is like an Owen Nolan with better wheels!!! Barker? ppl have said he play a game similar to Gonchar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad