Pre-Game Talk: St Louis Blues vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - Tues Jan 16th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Man there's no reasoning with you, you're firmly set in your stance so I'm not going to bother engaging in this.

I am willing to change my stance; as long as there is evidence to suggest what I am saying is incorrect. Your initial post basically said since Matthews has been back you haven't seen dump/chase system; and that you would like to see some stats.

I provided you stats for 2017 and then @Nithoniniel provided some stats for this season. Looking at both it seems that team is not carrying the puck as much as last season and dumping the puck more often.

How is it that I am "firmly set in my stance"? I am only voicing my opinion about what I saw and what the stats are backing.

P.S. I do not hate Babs, I am just frustrated with Babs employing line-matching and systems that is undermining our offensive capabilities and at the same time defense is not so great that we are preventing teams from scoring and winning games. As I mentioned before in our last 10 games we are 4W and 2OTL that is almost .500 hockey.

With the team that we have that kind of hockey is just not good enough

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I am willing to change my stance; as long as there is evidence to suggest what I am saying is incorrect. Your initial post basically said since Matthews has been back you haven't seen dump/chase system; and that you would like to see some stats.

I provided you stats for 2017 and then @Nithoniniel provided some stats for this season. Looking at both it seems that team is not carrying the puck as much as last season and dumping the puck more often.

How is it that I am "firmly set in my stance"? I am only voicing my opinion about what I saw and what the stats are backing.

P.S. I do not hate Babs, I am just frustrated with Babs employing line-matching and systems that is undermining our offensive capabilities and at the same time defense is not so great that we are preventing teams from scoring and winning games. As I mentioned before in our last 10 games we are 4W and 2OTL that is almost .500 hockey.

With the team that we have that kind of hockey is just not good enough

And all I'm saying is that the stats for this year appear incomplete. So I would caution that with a grain of salt. It doesn't convince me of what I've seen since Matthews' return. The team didn't start the dump/chase style until Matthews was out in November (the Leafs were the best scoring team in the league at that point), and with Nylander/Marner were slumping. Those are the team's best zone entry players. They were the best offense in the league through the first month and a half. Now it appears they've moved back to that system.

It's a difference in the eye test between us, we're seeing different things. Until I can see more reliable data I am skeptical.

The only other thing is the exaggeration of line matching. Every coach line matches. I don't understand the criticism of Babcock with something that every coach does.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I made a vow not to watch a game again if Polak plays, so looks like I'll be skipping this. I'm way too emotional attached to this team, and with the way the Leafs have been playing a break will be nice.

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I don't know about you guys but our team is overrated and having doubts we even make the playoffs. So many teams are in the hunt, and our chances are not good specially the way we have been playing lately. If it wasn't for Andersen we would be close to Detroit or Ottawa in the standing. Thats just my take.

Reactions: hullsy47

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't know about you guys but our team is overrated and having doubts we even make the playoffs. So many teams are in the hunt, and our chances are not good specially the way we have been playing lately. If it wasn't for Andersen we would be close to Detroit or Ottawa in the standing. Thats just my take.

Every team in the playoff has a good goaltender. Welcome to having a good team, where you need a goaltender to be good.

Reactions: Koolboss

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I don't think we're playing that bad. I would say we were easily the better team the last 2 games.

Expecting a great game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad