Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Prospect Ranking #9

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
1) Vince Dunn (Tie 32.88% - Head-to-head tiebreaker 58%)
2) Ville Husso (Tie 32.88% - Head-to-head tiebreaker 42%)
3) Jake Walman (40.68%)
4) Jordan Schmaltz (56.92%)
5) Ivan Barbashev (55.36%)
6) Tage Thompson (60.00%)
7) Ty Rattie (57.14%)
8) Jordan Kyrou (70.00%)

Post any names you would like to see added to future polls.

Also, this is a reminder that I will be out of touch until late Monday. Someone else will have to post the next two polls unless you all want to wait until then to resume the process.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I can take over the next 2 polls while Easton's on vacation. Not a problem. I did them a couple summers ago.

For this round, I'm going with Lindbohm. He could be a 3rd pairing NHL D-man today. He's just currently blocked and got beat out by Edmundson last season. He does need to work on his consistency though, namely not taking himself out of position so much trying to make the big hit. I like his physical nature but he needs to learn to pick his spots better.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I can take over the next 2 polls while Easton's on vacation. Not a problem. I did them a couple summers ago.

For this round, I'm going with Lindbohm. He could be a 3rd pairing NHL D-man today. He's just currently blocked and got beat out by Edmundson last season. He does need to work on his consistency though, namely not taking himself out of position so much trying to make the big hit. I like his physical nature but he needs to learn to pick his spots better.

Ditto. To the Lindbohm part, not the taking over the polls part. I'm too lazy for that.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lindbohm's going to win this poll, and deservedly so as he's shown more than anyone else on this list(and has obviously had a fairly successful stint in the NHL already, which nobody else has.)

I went a little out in left field and took Poganski. He impressed me quite a bit at the prospect camp, and I'm calling a breakout season this year for him at NoDak. He still has some filling out to do(and he's not small currently), he has good puck skills and his skating is above average I would say. Given a bit more ice time as a junior this year I think he takes a big step forward.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How you guys see Fitzpatrick vs. Binnington vs. Copley vs. Opilka?

Doesn't Fitzpatrick has better potental compare to others?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

We won't know anything until he plays in the AHL. Even then it's mostly guesswork as to who will be the better NHL goalie.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Lindbohm has already proved he can play in The NHL. Goalies are virtually impossible to gauge when near 20 years old due to the mental component needed that can go away at ANY age. Bleakley has a lot to prove. Sergeev, Vanelli, Poganski, MacEachern all COULD make it in The NHL, as could Fitzpatrick, Binnington and Opilka.

But, aLl of them are far away and have to have a LOT go right to make it. Lindbohm just has to play consistently, and he'll have a 3rd shift locked up.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I don't think its really fair to compare them yet. Opilka and Fitzpatrick have a lot of development ahead of them but they have the tools, so they are comparable. I didn't see him play but statistically Olpilka had a decent season in the OHL. Good GAA, decent S%. He got shelled in his one outing in the playoffs. 3 goals on 7 shots in 10 minutes. Hopefully he is not a playoff choker, but that is a extremely small sample size. Fitzpatrick has better tools but worse stats. However, he plays for an awful team defensively. So its hard to say. I like Fitzpatrick more long term but its a coin toss really.

Binnington v Copley is no question in my mind. I have never liked Copley. He screams career AHLer to me. I was disappointed in Binnington's season. I think the competition with Copley got to him. That makes me question his mental toughness and long term outlook. I still think he has a shot to be a NHL back-up, maybe even a lower tier starter. But I am less sure than I was a year ago about that. Maybe its unfair to think Binnington can bounce back but Copley just sucks when they were similarly shaky. But there it is. That's what I think.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I don't see anyone left that looks like a probable NHL contributor. We start to split hairs at this point.

I went with Binnington. To me it comes down to floor being a backup - ceiling being a starter. He just turned 23. Goalie is such a different position - unlike forward where you can have an early impact, the number of goalies in the NHL is 60 total. It is the norm for many to develop and get their first shot as back up at 25.

He has had success every where he has been.

I like Lindbohm also, but I just don't see the upside. He is a #6 with an upside of a#5. JB has a higher ceiling and a similar floor. So I went with him.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I would disagree. MacEachern will be a contributor. He already knows how to play a good two way systematic game which he proved in camp. He may contribute much sooner than some think. Good size, great speed, good passer, and he can shoot the puck. His team was really bad. He was THE guy. That being said, I think Lindbohm and Binnington are the next two guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: