Pre-Game Talk: St. Louis Blues in the SENS Den, Thurs. 7:30 pm on TSN

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This team is broken
800px_COLOURBOX4287677.jpg

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher might get another NHL job but not to coach the pp, the pk, the D, the forwards or the goalies, handling line changes is not his strength either and he doesn't appear to be much of a conditioning coach but who knows maybe someone needs a coach with a mean stare and an underused pad that needs some note taking.
waterboy.png

Reactions: Tundraman

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As a sports fan, the guaranteed contracts in the NHL make the product MUCH less appealing. From a fan perspective the NFL gets this right.

Nah, athletes who put their bodies at risk deserve a guaranteed contract, at the very least.

Better compromise: max length of contracts should be 4 years. Gives players some security, while also ensuring they are also looking ahead to their next contract. Also gives teams a nice balance of both medium-term planning and flexibility. It'll never happen though....NHLPA would never agree to it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nah, athletes who put their bodies at risk deserve a guaranteed contract, at the very least.

Better compromise: max length of contracts should be 4 years. Gives players some security, while also ensuring they are also looking ahead to their next contract. Also gives teams a nice balance of both medium-term planning and flexibility. It'll never happen though....NHLPA would never agree to it.
Not to mention NFL players are pretty much 99.99% assured to get CTE. The NFL's business practice with contracts is disgusting and leads to so many destroyed lives.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

They'd agree if there was no RFA period.

One of the main reasons UFAs make so much money is that players remain underpaid in their prime years.

You want shorter contracts? Then stop underpaying us when we are at our best.

Then the dominos start to fall and BAM, lockout.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
At least we wont be getting any more announcements of Dorion acquiring Bouchers favourite players from years gone by.
That, at least has run its course.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Honestly, I'm not sure what anyone expects the coach to say after every game of a craptastic season. All the guy can do is say what we need to work on over and over again, see if he can find something positive to say about the players, and avoid throwing any players under the bus.

How he really feels stays in the dressing room, and on the bench.

I bet he dreads these post game interviews.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Honestly, I'm not sure what anyone expects the coach to say after every game of a craptastic season. All the guy can do is say what we need to work on over and over again, see if he can find something positive to say about the players, and avoid throwing any players under the bus.

Yeah, that was cool for the first crappy 40 games. But maybe, just maybe, try switching it up and call the team out in public to see what happens. Because the ultra positive thing doesn't seem to be working.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yeah, that was cool for the first crappy 40 games. But maybe, just maybe, try switching it up and call the team out in public to see what happens. Because the ultra positive thing doesn't seem to be working.
A better idea would be to give better players more minutes and lesser players less minutes? That way maybe he wouldn't have to give redundant answers after a loss.

Reactions: senswon

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

In a way I’m in line with what you’re saying about what else he’s suppose to say. I mean he knows we stunk. But it would be easier to take if he showed some willingness to change the on ice strategy? Product? The guy keeps drawing from the same well but the well is dried up.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
In a way I’m in line with what you’re saying about what else he’s suppose to say. I mean he knows we stunk. But it would be easier to take if he showed some willingness to change the on ice strategy? Product? The guy keeps drawing from the same well but the well is dried up.

Does he know we stunk though? He basically said we had a bad 2nd period as always but otherwise played well in the 1st and 3rd, which is patently false.

I don't expect him to throw the team under the bus, but I do expect an honest assessment of their play. If those are lies to protect the players, it's not working. All it does is give the impression that he has no idea what he's doing.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Yeah, I hear you. I mean, I personally think that the team is better on paper than what we're seeing, way better. This is why I'm stoked on the Duchene trade, and I like Brassard. Heck, even Burrows should be better for us than he is right now.

There really is nothing more, or new to say after a loss, so I feel that it is a non-issue in terms of taking issue. However, whether it's his fault or not the coach isn't getting it done this year, and that's plain as day. The unfortunate truth is that you can't fire the team, and they should be a ton better. I'm satisfied that we'll play out the season, bring the rooks along slowly and gently because they still need to be developed properly, and then he won't be extended in the off season. An amicable parting of ways after one good and one bad season.

We'll get a killer pick this year, and be as good as we should be next year under different coaching. I know we've had a lot of coaches, but lets be honest, until we get a new owner who is willing to hire a full hockey staff we're not going to get the change we need any higher than coaching. I think we need an ex hockey man as president of hockey operations, that way we can get proper bodies in from top down. Do we even have a president of hockey operations? Could Alfredsson be that guy?

I'm not sure Dorion is an issue, as I do like his boldness, but if he was to be fired, do we really want EM picking a new GM? I know I don't. The Dorion we have is much better, in my opinion, than the next guy that EM may choose. At least Dorion was groomed by a hockey legend in Murray.

Hard times for Sens fans, no doubt.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
A better idea would be to give better players more minutes and lesser players less minutes? That way maybe he wouldn't have to give redundant answers after a loss.

You can't claim the coaching sucks and then want the rookies to be leaned on more heavily by said coach. Let them get a taste and learn the NHL game, and not be relied on to play heavy minutes on a sinking ship in a system that will very likely be gone next year.

This team is managing two different beasts right now, properly developing the blue chip rookies we have, while sheltering them from the shit show of a team we're seeing right now. A few more losses and Dorion will be able to argue a lost season to EM, and change will come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->