St. Louis Blues 1983 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain*

They were having problems with finding an owner I think and there were rumours about them moving to Saskatoon so they just missed the draft

Velouria

Sep 23, 2004
Just missed the draft? What, like they forgot it was on or something? Why not just phone in your picks??

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
They were under league control at the time as the owner walked away after a sale and move to Saskatoon was blocked. The team had a new owner, GM and coach the next year, so there probably was nobody in place to run the draft.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
They declined to take part in the draft because of the whole issue of them moving to Saskatoon

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Velouria said:
Just missed the draft? What, like they forgot it was on or something? Why not just phone in your picks??

This was before the advent of cell phones. Blues Management was having a predraft meeting at International House of Pancakes. Apparently, there was a new short-order cook on, making them miss the draft. Hey, who's gonna go to a draft without a hot breakfast?? :joker:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
This is very interesting. Does anyone know who got their picks or how their picks were dispersed as I noticed that there were 21 teams and 21 picks per round. They went somewhere!

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
mazmin said:
This is very interesting. Does anyone know who got their picks or how their picks were dispersed as I noticed that there were 21 teams and 21 picks per round. They went somewhere!

There weren't. Picks the Blues had traded away were still used, but the other rounds were only 20 picks long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad