GDT: St. John’s IceCaps vs Hamilton Bulldogs-7:30pm EST Sportsnet,TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Man watching Beaulieu tonight was great. He made some great rushs. I can't wait untill the day he is on the Habs. Beaulieu and Subban as our top offensive defensemens :yo:

Myron Gaines*

Leblanc doesn't look like the player he's supposed to be, there's something definitely wrong with him. Gallagher is awesome, can't wait to see him in a couple of seasons or so with the big club. Beaulieu is skilled, and his decision making has improved. There are just lapses where he falls asleep, a bit of a lack of concentration.

NewHabsEra*

Dear god no. Gallagher needs to stay down there the whole season. Him playing in the NHL this season shouldn't even be a thought.

In fact, no one on this team should be in the NHL this season, aside from Blunden or Dumont in a 4th line type role or FSD in a depth D role. No one else is ready.

Agree that gallagher isnt ready yet, Im only saying that if there is a competition for the 13th spot, Galchenyuk should be the one who will make it with ease but considering Gallagher is the best Habs dogs this year up front, he is the only one who could give Galchenyuk some decent competition in camp.. But personally thats Galchenyuk all the way, if he is cut, Im convinced the Habs will have another amazing pick..

With Bourque cleared to play, there really aren't any spots available. 13 forwards not counting Leblanc already under contract.
Well if Gomez is bought out like alot seem to think will happen, we have 1 spot left for another foward..

MarkersMark*

Leblanc doesn't look like the player he's supposed to be, there's something definitely wrong with him. Gallagher is awesome, can't wait to see him in a couple of seasons or so with the big club. Beaulieu is skilled, and his decision making has improved. There are just lapses where he falls asleep, a bit of a lack of concentration.

The problem is that he's a wuss who never took the time to bulk up. I saw him last summer at a bar and he looked 160 lbs soaking wet. He wasn't short either, legit 5'11... but man he looked unhealthy.

Combine that with the fact that he just isn't special at anything in particular and you have what you see today. Then again it isn't all that surprising that a player who hasn't excelled in any league since what? Midget AAA? looks like AHL fodder at this point.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Hi there. Just stopped in to see if a lot of Bulldogs games get broadcast on Sportsnet or some other regional channel. I get jonesing for some IceCaps games, but the only time anyone ever decides to pick up the stream is when they play another team with a solid NHL presence. I can count more than a handful of times this season where some website's had every game other than the IceCaps game.

As far as I can tell, I'm afraid you're pretty much screwed my friend.

PunkinDrublic*

Gallagher is and will be a much better player than Leblanc.

Once again last night the Dogs lost because they have a couple of tough guys playing the fourth line !

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The problem is that he's a wuss who never took the time to bulk up. I saw him last summer at a bar and he looked 160 lbs soaking wet. He wasn't short either, legit 5'11... but man he looked unhealthy.

Combine that with the fact that he just isn't special at anything in particular and you have what you see today. Then again it isn't all that surprising that a player who hasn't excelled in any league since what? Midget AAA? looks like AHL fodder at this point.

That's crazy talk. Leblanc was the leading scorer on his team and named Rookie of the Year in the USHL at 17, playing in a new country. At 18 he led his team in goals and points as a Freshman. Do you happen to see a lot of Freshman in the NCAA lead their team in goals and points? Even in the Q where he had some injury problems he still was 2nd on the team in goals, led them in points ppg, had over 100 pims and was over a ppg. Last year in Hamilton he was among the top scorers on the team before the call up.

It's a shame how his development has taken so many roads as playing in all those different leagues every year must be tough, as this is the first time he has played on the same team for back to back years since 2006-2008 in Midget. I don't know why he's struggling now, I would consider that it's due to him coming back from injury too soon perhaps, or he's not 100%. Leblanc has been good at every level outside the NHL and even though he's not looking like the player from last years team, I would suggest that it has something to do with the team as the offense in Hamilton is brutal and they often struggled to create much offense.

I've seen Leblanc play all over the place, he doesn't look the same right now, but it's a long season so we'll see how it goes. He's got time to work on things over the next 2 years or so. Hopefully the Habs don't rush him if/when NHL is back.

Analyzer*

I can't wait until Gallagher develops a consistent shot instead of a decent shot one time and then a flubbering beer league shot the next. Once he gets that going he'll be putting pucks in like nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad