Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4 & XB1) - 11/13/2018 release

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
September is the ninth month, not the tenth FYI

A couple years ago I dusted off my old Playstation 1 and played Spyro 2 and it held up very well. Not nearly as hard as I remembered it being when I was a kid but it was a lot of fun, even 100%'ed the game

I'm glad they are releasing on Xbox as well. Will definitely be getting this

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Very excited for this one even though they blew the crash remake. This game is less about precise platforming so it will be hard to screw up too bad

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
How did they screw it up? I never played it so I’m curious
I did not play the original, but the platforming felt extremely off so I looked online to see if it was just me. It wasn't even series vets had the same issue.

The jump physics were all screwed up, if you jump without moving the analog stick your character actually floats away slightly instead of landing back in the same spot.

Also apparently the original gave you a small window from the time you slide off of a ledge to press the jump button in mid air and recover. This game does not.

There's a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head but those are the biggest.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
September is the ninth month, not the tenth FYI

A couple years ago I dusted off my old Playstation 1 and played Spyro 2 and it held up very well. Not nearly as hard as I remembered it being when I was a kid but it was a lot of fun, even 100%'ed the game

I'm glad they are releasing on Xbox as well. Will definitely be getting this

Spyro 2 was hard if you played the game with no memory card. Which is how I played every PS1 game back in the day because we never bothered to accessorize the thing because the only console we had prior to the PS1 was an NES.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Spyro 2 was hard if you played the game with no memory card. Which is how I played every PS1 game back in the day because we never bothered to accessorize the thing because the only console we had prior to the PS1 was an NES.
I had that with the N64, some games requires a memory card

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Damn that’s hardcore

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This is awesome. Ever since the Crash remake I've been holding out hope for Spyro - my favourite series as a kid. The first three games were awesome, the next ones not so much. This will be fun.

Reactions: aleshemsky83

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm definitely going to be getting this. My girlfriend and I tried to re-play spyro recently, but my PS3 controllers are kinda wonky, and our original Spyro discs are scratched and causes it to crash randomly. Can't WAIT for this baby, we've been trying to find something to play together for ages.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Release pushed back to November.

This is really disappointing news. At the end of the day, I want the best game possible, but they promoted the shit out of September and failed to deliver.

People are also quite upset as it’s been revealed Spyro 2 and 3 are digital downloads, and only Spyro 1 is on the disc.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
This is really disappointing news. At the end of the day, I want the best game possible, but they promoted the **** out of September and failed to deliver.

People are also quite upset as it’s been revealed Spyro 2 and 3 are digital downloads, and only Spyro 1 is on the disc.
As long as this is the result of the delay I'm 100% on-board. I want to make sure they release the most complete re-master that they can. I don't want it just feeling like a lot of re-masters which are basically just a port with spruced up graphics.
I'm not very happy about this, myself. I'm a sucker for physical copies of games and 2/3 games being digital downloads are kinda lame.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
As long as this is the result of the delay I'm 100% on-board. I want to make sure they release the most complete re-master that they can. I don't want it just feeling like a lot of re-masters which are basically just a port with spruced up graphics.
I'm not very happy about this, myself. I'm a sucker for physical copies of games and 2/3 games being digital downloads are kinda lame.

I’ve seen a lot of people complain about it, but I figured I’d ask someone who isn’t a fan of it: why do you care?

I get that you want to have the physical copy for a case or display, which you still would. Then after the download (and everyone has internet), the game would be the same anyways.

Not trying to offend you, actually genuinely curious.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I’ve seen a lot of people complain about it, but I figured I’d ask someone who isn’t a fan of it: why do you care?

I get that you want to have the physical copy for a case or display, which you still would. Then after the download (and everyone has internet), the game would be the same anyways.

Not trying to offend you, actually genuinely curious.
No offense taken.

I can't entirely explain it, but if I'm buying something I'd like to have a physical object that I can hold in my hand. I almost never do digital download (except for NHL games).

I would have much rather preferred to get 3 discs, which makes sense, since I'm paying for three games. I would like to see disks with custom re-mastered artwork, just for the aesthetic and to really drive home the point that they've re-mastered the games. I know that there is a lot that goes into these types of things, but it just comes off as cutting corners to me.

I'm just not a fan of things going to all-digital, in general.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Did you play the Crash remaster?

I'm not sure how Spyro will work, but with Crash all 3 games were accessible from the same "game" if that makes any sense

I too always want a physical copy, but all games on Xbox at least require you to download a ton of stuff anyways

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Did you play the Crash remaster?

I'm not sure how Spyro will work, but with Crash all 3 games were accessible from the same "game" if that makes any sense

I too always want a physical copy, but all games on Xbox at least require you to download a ton of stuff anyways
Nah. I was never a big Crash fan. I had just bought the FFX HD Re-Master, Vice City on ps4, and plan to buy the Spyro re-master.

I can't justify spending so much on re-masters. lol

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So excited for this. Ripto's Rage is one of my favorite games of all time. Cannot count how many time's I've 100%'d that game.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wanted this, but if it's true you only get 1 game on the disk and need to download the other 2 then screw that, you got 3 crash games on 1 disc, you got 3 DMC games on 1 disc, 3 uncharted games on 1 disc but we can't get 3 spyro games on 1 disc that's lazy if it's true

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad