Sportsnet's Regional Skeds

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Sportsnet East will have 35 Senators
Sportsnet Ontario will have 15 Leafs
Sportsnet West will have 40 Flames and 48 Oilers
Sportsnet Pacific will have 40 Canucks.
In addition Leafs will have another 32 games on TSN (Leaf region only and Leafs TV). The Senators will also have 20 games on A-Channel
Canadiens will have all 82 games on RDS. No English regional broadcasts.
If anyone has the skeds could you please post them, thanks.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Do you have a source or link for this?
I checked Sportsnet's site, and can only find their sked for the Oilers, Flames, Sens and Leafs.

From what I last heard, they are still in negotiations with the Canucks and Canadiens, so I'm interested in knowing where you got your 40 games for the Canucks.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
i read in the globe and mail a little while back that the canucks and sportsnet have not reached a deal yet however there will be AT LEAST 40 Canuck games on sportsnet and hopefully that number will be in the 50's by the times its all said and done. I would hate to see 20 games on pay per view.

The canucks do have 13 games on CBC and 5 games on TSN so if they can get 50 games on sportsnet that would mean that 14 games would be on PPV which isnt that bad but im still not happy that i have to pay extra to watch them on TV.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
i read in the globe and mail a little while back that the canucks and sportsnet have not reached a deal yet however there will be AT LEAST 40 Canuck games on sportsnet and hopefully that number will be in the 50's by the times its all said and done. I would hate to see 20 games on pay per view.

The canucks do have 13 games on CBC and 5 games on TSN so if they can get 50 games on sportsnet that would mean that 14 games would be on PPV which isnt that bad but im still not happy that i have to pay extra to watch them on TV.
thanks - i'm getting kinda excited now - i'll have to get some ppv this year - some of the great matchups aren't free as you know -

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
Sorry didn't mean to get everyone all worked up. Yes I read the Globe & Mail article and I read over the "minimum of" 40 Canucks games.Also 15 Sens games are simulcast on Sportsnet East and A-Channel. I really only wanted to know if anyone had the skeds since I couldn't find them, my apologies.
Sportsnet.ca has Senators, Leafs, Flames and Oilers skeds up now.
But not Canucks, so take it from there.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/index.jsp

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
I'm just trying to figure out what RDS' 82 games (in Francais) has to do with Sportsnet and possible Sportsnet coverage of the Habs.

The exclusivity agreement is only for French broadcasts, or else we wouldn't have games on CBC and TSN.

Willis

Aug 2, 2005
I'm just trying to figure out what RDS' 82 games (in Francais) has to do with Sportsnet and possible Sportsnet coverage of the Habs.

The exclusivity agreement is only for French broadcasts, or else we wouldn't have games on CBC and TSN.

I was wondering would Radio Canada or RDS carry French language games in other parts of Canada for other teams? Say the Oilers on Radio Canada's Edmonton station for example?

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Rights fees and production costs would make that a tough sell. They could share some costs with English CBC or whichever broadcaster was televising en anglais, but they would be chasing only 2.1 per cent of the population. On any given regular season night, less than 5% of the entire province is watching the Oilers or Flames in English , so the math is not great on this.

Thibaj

Aug 5, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I was wondering would Radio Canada or RDS carry French language games in other parts of Canada for other teams? Say the Oilers on Radio Canada's Edmonton station for example?

RDS has many Senators games, from the feed of Sportsnet or A-Channel. They also pick up some US games now and then, mainly Penguins games. I understand that all NHL games on RDS are 'national' games so if you have access to RDS you see the game from anywhere in Canada.

Radio-Canada do not plan to show any NHL hockey this year.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Sportsnet usually have some Bulldogs games too , sometime i love to watch some AHL action.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad