Sportsnet insider thinks Reinhart would clear waivers

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I think he would. But even if he doesn't, I don't think holding out in hopes of a mid to late round pick to keep Ship down is worth it.

Reactions: derriko

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm on the other side of that fence. I'd say at least a dozen teams could use a bottom pairing left shot defenseman right now. Even Toronto could manage to take a gamble on the guy, which Shannon should've been keen to. But personally I think Reinhart is one of the guys McPhee prefers to keep. Otherwise I think Chiarelli would've already been on the phone with him offering up a warm AHL body and a late pick for the guy they've been developing in Edmonton on and off for half a decade.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Reinhart May catch a team or two’s eyes. Hunt, on the other hand would clear waivers without a second thought.

That’s what’s so frustrating. In a trade, Hunt is worth future considerations and he is holding Vegas’s potential 1C off the roster.

Reactions: Vegas 151551

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I don't think holding out in hopes of a mid to late round pick to keep Ship down is worth it.

With holding out the direction is certainly to build through the draft and not the current success. Another example for this is the change from Pickard to Subban. Winning games now is not the priority and so is playing Ship.
If there's no market to trade McNabb or Merrill then they should offer something better but not throwing them away for peanuts. I wonder what they could get for Schmidt.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Think of it this way. You could throw away Merrill or McNabb or trade them for peanuts meanwhile pumping up one of your best trade chips in Shipachyov.

If he plays well, he could be moved before the draft for a 1st round pick and / or prospect.

I think the better Neal plays, the more Vegas will want to sign him since he’s only 30 and doesn’t rely on speed. What I’m getting at is that Ship just may be the best trade chip in the organization if just given the chance.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Think of it this way. You could throw away Merrill or McNabb or trade them for peanuts meanwhile pumping up one of your best trade chips in Shipachyov.

If he plays well, he could be moved before the draft for a 1st round pick and / or prospect.

I think the better Neal plays, the more Vegas will want to sign him since he’s only 30 and doesn’t rely on speed. What I’m getting at is that Ship just may be the best trade chip in the organization if just given the chance.

Sure this is another way they could do, Schmidt's worth should only grow this season. They should waive Hunt, why do they hesitate.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Shipachyov was one of the most interesting and fun things about this season when it was starting. A real creative and talented guy hitting the NHL for the first time, right in the middle of his prime. Should be fun to watch, plus a cool look into how thoroughbred KHL players look compared to the NHL. And all this to happen on a brand new team.

I was pumped. And now it`s seriously gotten ridiculous. I have gone out of my way, as a Leafs fan, to watch VGK games. I don`t get to watch much hockey, due to a busy schedule. But I am making time for this. I want to see some history here. The first season of an expansion team is really fun. And this is the message being sent to a potential fan? Being told that the team doesn't care about winning? Thanks a lot.

Me @GeorgeMcPhee: Play Ship, you moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->