Sportsnet: Daly frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It took 6 months into the lockout for Daly to get this frustrated?

Yet another sign of how big these clowns really are.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
mr gib said:
i guess the pa has figured they will call the league's bluff and see if replacement players will wash with the fans - they've lost a wack and a bit more - whatever -
Yup, looks like thats where we're headed. There was no optimism in the interviews on tv.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
mr gib said:
i guess the pa has figured they will call the league's bluff and see if replacement players will wash with the fans - they've lost a wack and a bit more - whatever -
Awful pricey call. The 'PA has lost well over $1 billion already and are working on their second if it lasts into next season. Most of the owners were losing money anyway.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, according to a source, sparked a heated exchange between both sides when he said the NHLPA's concept did not deliver the linked system his side was looking for -- that player costs do not take up more than 54 per cent of league revenues.

Who the hell let this joker in? As big of assclowns Bettman and Goodenow are, at least they both remained civil. Someone needs to tell Jacobs to screw off because he'll whine and complain that the salary cap is too high even if it is set at 40 cents. Someone put a muzzle on him he does even less for this process than the other afore mentioned ring leaders.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
norrisnick said:
Awful pricey call. The 'PA has lost well over $1 billion already and are working on their second if it lasts into next season. Most of the owners were losing money anyway.
well i guess the player's will hang on for another 6 months and see what happens

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The Catholic Cardinals .. Took only a day and a half to come to an on a new Pope ..

Perhaps the NHL should fly some of these guys in to help reach an agreement.??

If nothing else offer the last rights when the NHL is put to rest forever ..

Oil_slick9416*

wow, these guys need to shut up and get a ****ing deal done.

mooseOAK*

go kim johnsson said:
Who the hell let this joker in? As big of assclowns Bettman and Goodenow are, at least they both remained civil. Someone needs to tell Jacobs to screw off because he'll whine and complain that the salary cap is too high even if it is set at 40 cents. Someone put a muzzle on him he does even less for this process than the other afore mentioned ring leaders.
Jacobs is speaking for the majority and if not a healthy portion of the other 29 owners can ignore him and take the players offer. Don't see it happening though.

soilwork2004

Nov 18, 2004

The Messenger said:
The Catholic Cardinals .. Took only a day and a half to come to an on a new Pope ..

we should just sign some of those cards to nhl contracts

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
go kim johnsson said:

What a joke. At this point the owners can get just about any fair deal they want other than taking x% of league revenues and dividing by 30. I mean come on, that was the deal they were trying for 2 years ago...don't they realize they've already lost a season and that the players are never going to agree to that?

MobyHotel

Apr 10, 2005
Lexmark
nyr7andcounting said:
What a joke. At this point the owners can get just about any fair deal they want other than taking x% of league revenues and dividing by 30. I mean come on, that was the deal they were trying for 2 years ago...don't they realize they've already lost a season and that the players are never going to agree to that?

The joke is that everyday that the union keeps stalling and playing games, the lower the cap gets. The players need to open there eyes and come to grips with the fact that the league will get there way.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
MobyHotel said:
The joke is that everyday that the union keeps stalling and playing games, the lower the cap gets. The players need to open there eyes and come to grips with the fact that the league will get there way.

How is the union stalling and playing games? Because they are looking at new concepts they are playing games? Jacobs is the one that blew up not the union. Jacobs is the one who insist on playing the my way or the highway card and yet this is the same Jacobs that signed most of the contract that put salaries out of porportion. What an idiot this man truly is.

This man needs to be removed from future meetings. Whether his point is right or wrong, he blows up at every meeting and its not helping the situation in any way.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Jacobs is an idiot for the ages. If I'm a governor of a team that isn't necessarily looking for linkage, I am peeved. This guy has no right to poison the atmosphere when it appears the NHL has reached a fork in the road (impasse versus settlement).

I think it's also obvious by now that neither side is looking for a quick settlement. I don't think impasse will be used since it doesn't give the league much leverage when some teams are against it. I think this lockout will simply roll over into next season...

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Le'ts really analyze what's going on here. The owners have been waiting to go to court since 1999. We should be embarassed that we follow this lockout.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Frustrated, and rightfully so.

The sooner the PA is humbled is the day we play hockey. Absolutely ridiculous that the NHLPA has defeated this process, and hopefully the courts settle this the logical way.

calgarylen13

Mar 15, 2002
Roskilde
Visit site
The Messenger said:

Have you considered maybe they have a decision, only the white smoke won't come out of Bettman's chimney because its frozen :dunno:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The Messenger said:

Yeah, we need more hard line conservatives so we can get an even tougher cap.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
calgarylen13 said:
Have you considered maybe they have a decision, only the white smoke won't come out of Bettman's chimney because its frozen :dunno:
Can't see the white smoke if one's head is sufficiently lodged in their own chimney...

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:

Well he is Bettmans right hand man. Gary doesn't make a move without Jacobs says so. With people like Jacobs in change no one should be shocked why the owners haven't moved off their orginal hardline stance.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
PA not stalling? So 1 offer every 4 months is enough for you PA-yahoos? Gotcha...

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
Icey said:
How is the union stalling and playing games? Because they are looking at new concepts they are playing games? Jacobs is the one that blew up not the union. Jacobs is the one who insist on playing the my way or the highway card and yet this is the same Jacobs that signed most of the contract that put salaries out of porportion. What an idiot this man truly is.

This man needs to be removed from future meetings. Whether his point is right or wrong, he blows up at every meeting and its not helping the situation in any way.

I'll agree that Jacobs probably shouldn't be involved in the meetings, but the only reason that the NHLPA is focused on exploring "new concepts", is that they continue to use every avenue to avoid addressing the financial problems of the league. Goodenow's plan continues to be to stall, bait and switch, etc., in the hopes that eventually the owners will once again fold and give the players the key to the vault. I think "Deadline Bob" has gone to the well one too many times. If the league has to open with replacement players - Goodenow and his hardliners are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->