Sportsnet 1 on Bell fibe

Spotlight

Aug 25, 2005
Hey everyone,

Anyone on Bell fibe? what channel is Sportsnet 1 on ?? i couldn't find it at all last game and had to watch on RDS.

it looks like there's a few games on SN 1 (maybe because of the baseball playoffs?)

any help?

sorry i should mention that i found that it's channel 1418 but when i put it on 1418 it transfers to 1420 which is sportsnet world i think

thanks

Spotlight

Aug 25, 2005
I should mention that i'm on the gatineau side. And i think i answered my own question as i've done a bit of research on the bell site and i think it might not be offered in gatineau.

Anyone else on the gatineau side with bell fibe that has options?

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Are lots of games going to be on SN1 this year? Last year everything was on TSN. How much more is it? Do I need it?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I had the same issue. You need to upgrade your package. Takes about 5 minutes but you have to pay 17 per month for the package.

I was really annoyed to pay extra, but sn1 seems like it'll have a lot of Sens games.

Edit: not sure how you have rds , that's meant to be part of the upgrade. I guess because you're in Gatineau?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I had the same issue. You need to upgrade your package. Takes about 5 minutes but you have to pay 17 per month for the package.

I was really annoyed to pay extra, but sn1 seems like it'll have a lot of Sens games.

Edit: not sure how you have rds , that's meant to be part of the upgrade. I guess because you're in Gatineau?

But you also get AMC so you can watch The Walking Dead. :)

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It's really weird for me. If I type in 1409 I get it, but the channel isn't there on the guide and if I hit "last channel" to get back to 1409 it doesn't go. Maybe I'm not subscribed to it but get it anyway?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Are lots of games going to be on SN1 this year? Last year everything was on TSN. How much more is it? Do I need it?

Some, iirc tsn has 50 some odd games and the rest are sportsnet and CBC.

Spotlight

Aug 25, 2005
You need to have Bell Fibe Better or Best package to get SN1.

1409 on my end (gatineau)

It's really weird for me. If I type in 1409 I get it, but the channel isn't there on the guide and if I hit "last channel" to get back to 1409 it doesn't go. Maybe I'm not subscribed to it but get it anyway?

Thanks everyone, i'll try 1409 and if not i'll try to upgrade my package even though i really don't want to have to pay extra ( i already pay enough)

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Thanks everyone, i'll try 1409 and if not i'll try to upgrade my package even though i really don't want to have to pay extra ( i already pay enough)

See what Rogers (Videotron?) has for plans that involve SN1. If they're offering a better deal call Bell and let'em know you'd like to stay with them with the better package but makes no sense for you to stay if Rogers offers it cheaper. They might call your bluff but they might not :nod:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Just pointing out if you upgrade it's for like 20 games I think, and there's still blackouts from other regions on sportsnet.

Tsn pays Mr Melnyk 15 million a year for the sens broadcasts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad