Sports Illustrated lays off over 100 employees with publishing license revoked

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Sign of the times, sadly.

Relating this to hockey, and obviously on a much smaller scale, The Hockey News looked to have been going down this route a few years ago until Roustan took it over. THN has been revived with a new breath of life despite what looked like its impending death.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Sign of the times, sadly.

Relating this to hockey, and obviously on a much smaller scale, The Hockey News looked to have been going down this route a few years ago until Roustan took it over. THN has been revived with a new breath of life despite what looked like its impending death.
Yep - I still subscribe to the Hockey News... I still enjoy the content very much.

Sports Illustrated was in every library, doctors office, barber shop... It was the gold standard of sports journalism.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
during the 80's on most saturday afternoons i would always get a copy from the newstand. then i would head over to mcdonalds and get the 1/4 pounder and large fries. it was a fun way to enjoy an hour.

today the 1/4 pounder is no longer juicy, and the way those fries are made now totally blows as much as sport illustrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad