Sponsors on uniforms

Lucky Lager

Jul 17, 2002
Northern Ontario
Just wondering if anyone had any opinions on whether or not the NHL will adopt the european style advertising on uniforms in the future? I hope not. But I'm starting to think they will..

138589.jpg

blamebettman*

I rarely watch hockey nowadays for a myriad of reasons...but if they try this crap I will never ever watch another game in my life. Not only that, I will try to discourage others from watching or playing.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Not to the extent of what these photos have but maybe a small bit on the helmets (the local AHL team has done that in past, not sure if they still do) and maybe something under the number on the back I wouldn't be opposed to it

I don't see how anyone could have problems with this on uniforms...

Last edited:

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Go Mannheim Go!!! I like the NHL jerseys better but I don't mind ads on them like in Germany. Fine either way. The sport matters more to me more than the looks.

Last edited:

Brad*

I rarely watch hockey nowadays for a myriad of reasons...but if they try this crap I will never ever watch another game in my life. Not only that, I will try to discourage others from watching or playing.

Good thinking. Because obviously, the most important thing about the sport of hockey are small patches on the uniforms.

CB420

Aug 13, 2005
Edmonton,AB
If they would keep it to slightly on the sweaters then maybe, Like a Small logo of a pepsi logo or whichever, if they kept it on the NHL players sleeve or what ever, then maybe i wouldnt have that big a problem with it, thing is though it breaks all tradition of the game, Logos are left to the team that should be it, there shouldnt be this huge Ikea logo or whatever on mats Sundins chest instead of the TMLeaf LOL, you know man, its all for the visual, fans would outrage if somethin that crazy when they have those ad logos in EuropeaN rinks thats too much. Players sweaters end up looking like bulletin boards with about 15 differnt colors, thats gross.

Was it Ovechin a few weeks ago, got caught on camera on the bench drinking a sip from a coke or pepsi can, lol, Theres a sponsorship deal! for Pepsi or whatever, forget theese lame,whistling,dancing on cars in the middle of trafic... Jimmy Fallon comercials ! :banghead: Get OV! on commericials, Americans might know who he is, everyone in Canada and Russia sure would lol, get some great endorsement deals ahaha :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Lucky Lager

Jul 17, 2002
Northern Ontario
Go Mannheim Go!!! I like the NHL jerseys better but I don't mind ads on them like in Germany. Fine either way. The sport matters more to me more than the looks.

Looks to me like Eisbaren is about to score ;)

I'm with you though, they can cover them head to toe (although i discorage this) in sponsors if they want. But i'm there to watch hockey and therefore I don't really care what they look like. Just that they keep playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->