GDT: Spidey Keeps Rolling! Devils @ Red Wings, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Exactly. This team just got rebuilt(and is still rebuilding). It's not anywhere ready for a Cup Run.

It might make it into the playoffs if things continue the way they are but regardless, I feel that Shero, imo, is going to stay the course and use our first rounder(even if it's a low draft pick) on the best available D-man we can get.

EDIT : AfroThunder brings up OEL but I'm wondering if the asking price is too high....

If he struggles along with the team until the trade deadline and gets traded without an extension in place maybe something akin to what Shattenkirk brought? Not sure NJ wants to pay that price.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
If he struggles along with the team until the trade deadline and gets traded without an extension in place maybe something akin to what Shattenkirk brought? Not sure NJ wants to pay that price.
OEL is going to get paid at least $1 mil more than Shattenkirk on a 7 or 8 year term. I would not hesitate is giving it to him.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Severson is the only positive possession player on the team. No regular player is above 50% and Severson is pushing 52 (51.7) he also has fewer giveaways than both Greene and Moore and more takeaways than Greene, Santini and Moore.

I'm convinced some see what they want see when it comes to certain players

Exactly. He's EASILY the best defenseman on this team. It's not even remotely close. But this fanbase really doesn't know how to evaluate defenseman at all so it's cooler to bitch and moan about him every chance we get. Imagine if Shero listened to this fan base. Severson would have been let go and we'd probably be the worst possession team in the league.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad