GDT: Spidey Despises SO Losses! Canucks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Best Bleed post in history. Easily.
I really wanna recycle that post for another board that I post on, but I don't wanna be outed on there, as anyone who reads this board and that one, will know that it's me. It's not a hockey forum, but there's a hockey thread that I regularly post in on that forum, where I constantly take shots at this trade. And there's a Rangers fan, who constantly rationalizes this trade, as it was needed to shed cap space for the Oilers and that ''Both teams got what they needed'' out of this one. And then he had the nerve to argue the Devils corsi was terrible last season, which is not a great stat to use when trying to justify this trade. Not that he was justifying it on that topic, it was a whole other conversation. But for a guy who even uses advanced stats to believe this was a matter of two teams getting what they needed, I don't understand how you could do that. A few people have referenced this board on there, so I try not to get outed.

He also once claimed that the Devils didn't draw fans in the cup winning years at the Meadowlands because they played a boring style. And I think it was serious, which has very little, if anything at all to do with why the Devils didn't draw fans at the Meadowlands.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Just got back from the game, no complaints here except for the piss poor refereeing, but it seems like that horse has been beaten in here.

Hall is a beast. Nico had some very good plays, and Bratt had a quietly solid night as well. Gibbons is a maniac — dude’s a Farnham but with skill and scoring touch. I almost had a stroke on the Butcher move... good grief.

Very exciting times, ladies and gents. The Devils are good again.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean, seriously, this was the best game we played with a lead or tied, in quite a long time.

We've really good when trailing, but not so much when tied or leading, but tonight I think we did that.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Our heat maps have looked like this a lot this season. While teams have racked up a lot of shots we are keeping the high danger chances down and keeping them on the perimeter. Our offense is in the top 10 in avg shot distance closest to the net I believe. Creating our own luck.

dl.php

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
great to watch boyle score while in his hometown tonight. hall was a beast tonight, just remarkable.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
How can 4 officials miss that high stick?

That could have had a major impact on the game.

Instead of a 4 minute PP we were on the pk soon afterwards.

Fine or suspend those refs!

Nico, PZ and of course Hall had superb games.

Cory was solid.
Noesen demonstrated heart and hustle.

Moore was shaky.
Travis was below average.

Awesome to see Boyle score and heck of a dish by Butch.

Glad tthat our fans made HFC night successful and the team notched the W.

Reactions: RNCDevil

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
First I was disappointed that Bratt didn't get a point tonight. Not frustrated or anything, just like, 'damn, wish Bratt got a point'

Then I remembered that he scored a goal Wednesday and realized how crazy it is that I'm looking for a 19 year old 6th round draft pick to get on the scoresheet every night.

Goddamn this season is fun.

Reactions: glenwo2

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Looked like Edler may have poked the puck away from Nico.

But I would give Nico the assist since he made the play and was trying to pass to Hallsy

They might reverse it. A similar play happened with Gibbons's 3 on 5 goal, at first they scored it unassisted, but later they gave Henrique the assist. I mean, if the defender's best play is to put the puck on Taylor Hall's stick, then he really didn't have a play at all.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Zacha does everything well for a 6' 3" 210 lb 1st round top 10 pick at this point except get on the scoresheet and hit.

He should have a lot more points but he hasn't had many shifts with linemates that can finish or set him up.

He's also clearly better and more active and enthused at Wing.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
He should have a lot more points but he hasn't had many shifts with linemates that can finish or set him up.

He's also clearly better and more active and enthused at Wing.

He drove the play tonight. I really hope Hines sticks with this line. Wood has been inconsistent, but I think his aggressive style and energy are good for Zacha, and Boyle adds another really big body and just makes the three of them so hard to play against. They didn't have a lot of really dangerous plays, but I thought they have a bunch of plays that almost clicked that could have been dangerous plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->