Spengler Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabo59

Jul 1, 2006
Can somebody please clarify for me exactly how the Spengler Cup Works. What I mean is how are the team chosen? I know that most are club teams representing their country, but what about team Canada? How do they choose the players? Thanks in advance.

SJC00

Aug 6, 2006
Ile Des Chenes
Its not team representing their country other than canada. Like the host team is Davos. But they are a club team. Then I believe thye invite other club teams. Like the RSL team was Mettallurg the last few years. the Czech team was Sparta Prague. I think there might be a German team. But the canadians just make a team out of canadians who play in europe. Mostly the Swiss leauge because it stops for the tournament. They pick up maybe 3 AHL's but try to go with mostly Europe players so they have experience with the big ice.

But I just love that its played in that amazing arena. and the fans are just crazy.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Its basically a historic hockey tournament, one of, if not the oldest annual international competitions. Consists of club teams representing European nations and an all-star Canadian team of primarily players playing in Europe. Great fun.

vbet*

During the lockout I watched as many games as possible. The atmosphere is amazing and I give my kudos to the fans over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad