Spengler Cup: Canada vs. Davos

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey_in_hel*

Apr 5, 2004
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Canada's game against Switzerland today at 11:00 am Pacific Time (2:00 eastern), is on Sportsnet. I don't get Sportsnet, only TSN and the Score. Does anyone know where I can watch the game on the web?? Thanks SSOO much in advance!

-Tyler

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
hockey_in_hel* said:
Canada's game against Switzerland today at 11:00 am Pacific Time (2:00 eastern), is on Sportsnet. I don't get Sportsnet, only TSN and the Score. Does anyone know where I can watch the game on the web?? Thanks SSOO much in advance!

-Tyler

I watch it on swiss television SF2. PP for davos. St. Louis, Thornton, Nash, Hagman, Robitaille.... wow wow

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
This is the weirdest hockey game ever. Team Canada is getting beaten by Canadians - Nash, Thorton, and St. Louis. lol

This is probably one of the best team canada ever to play the spengler cup. I have never seen them dominate teams as they have done in these first two games, with lost of scoring chances and great chemistry. Eventhough they are losing at the moment, I'm sure a lot of canadians are very impress with their game.

As for thorton, nash and st.louis... you can definitely tell they are NHL players. Position wise and skill level. For example the puck goes into the corner of team canada and st.louis is flat footed while the canadians defensemen has speed. Instead of going after the puck st. louis leans into the canadian player and hits him before he goes after the puck to create time and space. Most non nhl players would go for the puck first. St. Louis thus recovers the puck and creates another scoring chance.

2-0 davos so far....

Last edited:

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Jonas Hiller ? Dunno... he is a young goaltender... he's ok. Not great but ok and he's doing a good tournament so far.

As for Thornton, no points but a very strong presence that's for sure.

1-0 : Rizzi
2-0 : Nash (Riesen)

Vic Rattlehead*

Very weird seeing Thornton, Nash, and St. Louis playing against Canada. :joker:

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Russian_fanatic said:
How is Auld playing?

He's good. You can see he has NHL future, that's for sure.

The first goal was a breakaway (great play by Rizzi) and the second goal came from behind the goal and Nash maked it a one-timer. Auld couldn't do anything.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I"d love to be there. The atmosphere is amazing and the game is decent to watch, except for the fact that Canada can't hit the net.

hockey_in_hel*

Apr 5, 2004
North Vancouver, BC, Canada

-Tyler

Please everyone!!!!

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Russian_fanatic said:
Canada scores!

Shot by Trudel, and tipped in by Robitaille.

It was the last seconds of the period, they were lucky but it was deserved as they worked hard to come back in the game.

So.. 2-1 Davos after 2 periods.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Man the way Auld is playing I would trade Cloutier without hesitating. He really has improved big time.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
This thing is going to a shoot out.

EDIT- CANADA WINS! AULD WAS AMAZING AS WAS HILLER!

Last edited:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Wow, I don't remember seeing so many missed shots on a shoot out. The ice must've been terrible.

Regardless, Auld did a fantastic job in net for team Canada. He made some huge saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->