Spencer Turnbull no hits the Mariners

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Time to juice the balls, folks

But it's great to see something positive for the Tigers in their rebuild.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Time to juice the balls, folks

But it's great to see something positive for the Tigers in their rebuild.
Turnbull has long become a solid starter for them (despite not being lauded as premium prospect). This is of course the pinnacle of his career - for now...

Once again a pitcher achieves a no-hitter this year, who is not considered to be an ace or even a TOR starter. This is an interesting development.

Gruß,
BSHH

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Really? I mean, every guy nowadays hit at least 20 HR. I hate the juiced ball honestly. I hate the lack of good hitters. It's all about HR or nothing.
That’s my point. These no hitters are happening frequently because of the boom or bust approach. MLB has gone completely gung-ho on analytics and it’s ruined the sport. Baseball is down bad, folks.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
That’s my point. These no hitters are happening frequently because of the boom or bust approach. MLB has gone completely gung-ho on analytics and it’s ruined the sport. Baseball is down bad, folks.
Even if we count Bumgarner's 7.0 IP-no hitter as well, actually none of these six successful pitchers typically employ such a "boom-or-bust"-approach you are complaining about. Look at their respective ERA+, the majority of them did actually not perform above-average last year. I do think that your worries are reason for concern for the MLB (who thinks about abandoning the shift already). But in my opinion, these six no-hitters do not directly prove your point.

Gruß,
BSHH

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Even if we count Bumgarner's 7.0 IP-no hitter as well, actually none of these six successful pitchers typically employ such a "boom-or-bust"-approach you are complaining about. Look at their respective ERA+, the majority of them did actually not perform above-average last year. I do think that your worries are reason for concern for the MLB (who thinks about abandoning the shift already). But in my opinion, these six no-hitters do not directly prove your point.

Gruß,
BSHH
Huh? I was talking about hitters having a boom or bust approach. Home run or strikeout. That’s what the game’s turned into.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Players are rightfully giving less shits about being no hit, or cycled or whatever. The most important thing is to win, and hitting homers helps a team offensively more than anything. The approaches are flawed, but the logic isn’t.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00