Rumor: Spencer Foo To Make FA Signing Decision in June (upd 6/27: Agrees to sign with CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Haha, of course. That's 4 now that the Flames have signed or traded for that the Oilers were strongly after. Hamilton, Versteeg, Hamonic and Foo. No big deal really about Foo, just kind of funny how the Flames always steal these guys.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Meh, I think we all knew Foo was questionable to do any sorta damage in the NHL this year and beyond. Free prospects are free prospects though.

This is basically where I was at with him. I would've been happy if we got him, but I won't lose any sleep over him going to Calgary. I mean, remember when they stole Morrison from us? He wasn't even qualified

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Haha, of course. That's 4 now that the Flames have signed or traded for that the Oilers were strongly after. Hamilton, Versteeg, Hamonic and Foo. No big deal really about Foo, just kind of funny how the Flames always steal these guys.

Chia should put a rumor out there that we're after Brown and Gaborik :sarcasm:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Whatever
Glad the saga finally ends...Foo would have to battle Strome, Kassian, Slep, and Khaira for ice time
Plus, drafting Yamamoto probably meant another obstacle
Who is there in Calgary to fight with? Brouwer? Ferland?
He's rewarding the Flames for bringing him into development camp last year

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

I wasn't high on Cagullia just looking at his stats and Foo is clearly worse. That one is no big deal. Really hope this means we get Pitlick back tho.

Hamilton, Versteeg, and Harmonic are all guys I would have loved on the Oilers. Now I hope they all have their careers fall into the toilet.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Seems like he was looking for the easiest way into the NHL. Can't blame him, but he made a conscious choice to be a loser so it is what it is.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
If he ever cracks the lineup he'll regret it when Lucic, Maroon and Kassian all crush him and McDavid skates around him like a pylon :D

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is basically where I was at with him. I would've been happy if we got him, but I won't lose any sleep over him going to Calgary. I mean, remember when they stole Morrison from us? He wasn't even qualified

I found it hard to care all that much about where Foo signed...I honestly didnt really get all the fuss over this player.
That said I dont get this narrative that the Flames stole him.

He chose the place where he wanted to play and he chose Calgary over Edmonton. Seems to me it was all about a better opportunity to play in the NHL. A better potential fit....professionally and personally.
Oh well.

Now we can all post about how we think that Foo isnt really going to be much of a player so we can all feel better collectively about his choice. :nod: ;)

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Does anyone realistically think that he would sign here?

^i thought there was still a chance but he was taking too long to think about it which told me that the Oilers weren't a cut and dried choice. also the Oilers just traded for RW Strome and drafted RW Yamamoto as well as the Flames may be moving on from RW Versteeg and RW Chiasson, which likely helped his choice. :cry:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
We'll forget about this in time. In a few years he'll just be another crumpled Flames winger laying along the boards in fetal position.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Picked the dumpster city and the dumpster team.

Some people are just dumpster divers.

Can't win 'em all with college UFA's. We have to remind ourselves we do quite well in this category.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Picked the dumpster city and the dumpster team.

Some people are just dumpster divers.

Can't win 'em all with college UFA's. We have to remind ourselves we do quite well in this category.
Hate to break it to you, but he definitely did not pick the dumpster city.

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Even though I really don't blame him due to the circumstances, I Pity That Foo for choosing Calgary over us!!!!

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Sucks that he didn't sign here, double sucks that he chose Calgary instead, but meh it's just a free asset, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. After Benning and Caggiula, I'm going to give Chia a free pass on this. He can't sign them all.

People seem to have forgotten that we made a low key signing of Joe Gambardella not long ago. I personally think he has a better chance of making a contribution with the big club in the near future than Foo.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
So Foo saw himself behind Strome, :] and possibly Yamamoto in lineups. Otherwise he would chosen Oilers IMO. Or he knows something we don't know yet and Oilers get one veteran RW.

Tells much if he didn't think he can play better than two of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->