Recalled/Assigned: Sparks recalled by the Leafs

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
At least he and management have put his suspension in the past, back to winning hockey games.

No grudges. Good to see

Alfie

Nov 5, 2016
How is Sparks doing this year with the Marlies? If I was him, I'd use this opportunity to come up huge to regain my spot in the goalie depth chart after all the shananigans earlier this year on Facebook.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
How is Sparks doing this year with the Marlies? If I was him, I'd use this opportunity to come up huge to regain my spot in the goalie depth chart after all the shananigans earlier this year on Facebook.
He is doing well as usual. I see him as the next MacIntyre. Great ahl goalie

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Better than Bibeau and anything else we had in there. Only 10 games though.

I think he deserves a chance to regain his third string role.

I'd have him or Bibeau as our back up next year quite easily.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Better than Bibeau and anything else we had in there. Only 10 games though.

I think he deserves a chance to regain his third string role.

I'd have him or Bibeau as our back up next year quite easily.

Sparks has been great this year. Hasn't had any bad games if I remember correctly. If he had a better team, he'd be up there in all of the categories again, but for some reason isn't given as much ice time as an inferior goalie in Bibeau.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs maybe move McElhinney at the TDL so Sparks can take the spot, assuming he plays well enough. He is everything you want out of a backup goalie, and is the big athletic body Babcock likes.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Sparks has been great this year. Hasn't had any bad games if I remember correctly. If he had a better team, he'd be up there in all of the categories again, but for some reason isn't given as much ice time as an inferior goalie in Bibeau.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs maybe move McElhinney at the TDL so Sparks can take the spot, assuming he plays well enough. He is everything you want out of a backup goalie, and is the big athletic body Babcock likes.

Sparks doesn't seem to have made the adjustments to play at the nhl level. He still takes too long to get into position. Maybe I'm biased from last year but I don't want to see him in thw leafs net again.
Imo he is the second coming of Drew MacIntyre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->