TV: South Park Season 21

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't mind them making references to what's happening currently in the world, but making season long storylines about it is too much. Just have fun with the show and make your references and jabs at the real world in the process, but have the kids **** around and do the stuff that made the show so fun.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
looks the Alexa bit messed with real peoples Alexas. The link has peoples tweets about it:

'South Park' Episode Triggers Viewers' Amazon Alexa and Google Home

Was this done on purpose? Well, it is Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

The 21st season of South Park premiered on Wednesday and, as the show usually does, touched on multiple current topics.

The episode, "White People Renovating Houses," mostly skewered the white nationalist movement, poking fun at members' obsession with waving the Confederate flag.

But it was another aspect of the storyline that was messing with some viewers' smart speakers.

Both Alexa and Google Home were featured in "White People Renovating Houses," and the cartoon characters yelling commands at their cartoon models for 30 minutes played havoc on some actual Alexa and Home models.

"We have an Amazon Alexa and a Google Home and South Park repeatedly screwed with both of them tonight," one Twitter user noted. Another viewer said he got so sick of his model going off, he had to unplug it. And another posted video of the incident.

Was this done on purpose? Well, it is South Park.

Sep 19, 2008
I thought it was coming out next week. From the public reception so far I probably shouldn't bother :laugh:

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I laughed the hardest at the beginning at all the kids making Alexa add stupid things to the shopping list. And that was about it. Everything else was pretty boring and I'm so burned out on Randy.

Funny enough, the constant Alexa commands in the show apparently caused some people to have their Alexas mimic what was going on in the show to the point they had to turn them off.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...sses-viewers-amazon-alexa-google-home-1039035

Sep 19, 2008
- Heidi talking to Eric in Eric's voice :laugh: as well as Eric's relationship drama

- Hilarious Randy subplot with the White People renovating houses (I love HGTV so I'm biased towards these shows)

- Socially relevant issue

How exactly is this a bad episode again?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I read that the first episode was going to be about White Confederates and didn't have the best feeling about it. I haven't watched it yet but reading the opinions online, I don't even know if I should lol...

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
- Heidi talking to Eric in Eric's voice :laugh: as well as Eric's relationship drama

- Hilarious Randy subplot with the White People renovating houses (I love HGTV so I'm biased towards these shows)

Really though.

"Now let's get out there and protest that Alexa took our jobs!"

"Now playing 'Dook re Derr' by Joni Mitchell. ♪ Help me, I think I'm fallin' in Derk er derrrr ♫"

"No! Not Joni Mitchell Dook Re Derr, you took our jobs!"

This was amazing.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
"Now what we are going to do for you, is take down the wall between the kitchen and living room. Really open it up so you can entertain guests."

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
I thought it was a decent episode. and the Alexa bits made my Amazon Echo go off, it was pretty funny actually. I had to cancel the alarm and I now have
T**** chips on my shopping list

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Agreed, was surprised to see so many negative reviews ITT. It didn't have any overwhelming LOL-moments, but all the plots and little things kept me smiling/chuckling throughout.

Great to have SP back. :)

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Agreed! Good, not great episode.

Rick and Morty is killing it, i wonder if that will inspire South Park to get more creative.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
People's expectations are way too high, which is why they classify a seemingly decent episode as horrible. I find the episode worthy enough to watch, got a few laughs out of it (Randy bits. Best char in show).

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
People's expectations are way too high, which is why they classify a seemingly decent episode as horrible. I find the episode worthy enough to watch, got a few laughs out of it (Randy bits. Best char in show).

Randy had always been my favorite character and I find any episode he's in, whethet its the A or B story, is almost always going to be a good one.

I actually found the episode to be really funny and while the cartman plot was okay the randy/rednecks wae great. For the start of a season I not sure you could ask for more.

I'm also not sure it's fair to compare rick and morty to SP just because of the fashion in which the episodes are made. I love both shows but if trey and Matt took 2.5 years for a season they would still be able to create a higher quality show like R&M. As it is, I expect a few high quality episodes per season but mostly average ones. That being said SP is still the second best animated comedy on air today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->