- Taylor Hall
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- Nathan McKinnon
- Aaron Ekblad
- Connor McDavid
- Auston Matthews
- Nico Hischier
- Rasmus Dahlin

For one thing, this is the first most active #1 overall picks the NHL has ever had. Of those picks, a little under 25% of those first round picks have won a Stanley Cup. If Rick Nash retires, it is that much closer to 25%. With that said, of the remaining 75% (or so), chances are that at least one of them will win a Stanley Cup, whether it's with their team, or with another team. Of those who have not won yet, who do you think is the least likely to win?

Honestly, it's a tough call. Very difficult to project.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Of the active 1st overall picks:

- Joe Thornton
- Ilya Kovalchuk
- Rick Nash (?)
- Mark Andre Fleury*
- Alexander Ovechkin*
- Sidney Crosby*
- Erik Johnson
- Patrick Kane*
- Steven Stamkos
- John Tavares
- Taylor Hall
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- Nathan McKinnon
- Aaron Ekblad
- Connor McDavid
- Auston Matthews
- Nico Hischier
- Rasmus Dahlin

For one thing, this is the first most active #1 overall picks the NHL has ever had. Of those picks, a little under 25% of those first round picks have won a Stanley Cup. If Rick Nash retires, it is that much closer to 25%. With that said, of the remaining 75% (or so), chances are that at least one of them will win a Stanley Cup, whether it's with their team, or with another team. Of those who have not won yet, who do you think is the least likely to win?

Honestly, it's a tough call. Very difficult to project.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If I was to negate Thornton, Kovalchuk and Nash based on age and short term future of their respective teams (Nash being "retired" for now), it would have to be RNH and the dumpsterfire that is Edmonton.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Nico Hischier- A talented kid who I predict is traded once Shero is on the hot seat in a few years. Hischier will be one of
the casualties in a desperate trade for an upgrade, a team pretty much wants him included in the deal.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Nico Hischier- A talented kid who I predict is traded once Shero is on the hot seat in a few years. Hischier will be one of
the casualties in a desperate trade for an upgrade, a team pretty much wants him included in the deal.

that's a bizarre take. the kid just oozes talent and brains and is under team control for so long. i don't get it.

excluding Nash, and Yakupov... Here's who I'd consider least likely: (i) Joe Thornton, just because he has so little time left, (ii) Ilya Kovalchuk, for much the same reason, (iii) Patrick Kane, because I believe his team needs to be reconstituted, and (iv) Marc Andre Fleury, because I don't think Vegas can do it again.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad