Sore feet, Graf 703's

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I've been skating in Graf 703's for five years now. While I love the skate and the it's performance, they beating the crap out of my feet. There are two problem areas. One is the top of my foot (a big lump from lace bite), the other are my toes. I think can have the toungue worked on to help with the lace bit. Right now I just keep that area loose when I lace up my skates. The toe area is probably the worse of the two. After skating my toes hurt so bad I have a hard time walking the next day. The next days my toes are red and a little swollen. Also, no matter how warm it is in the rink or how high I crank the heat in my car on the way home my toes are literly ice cold after skating. They stay that way for hours.

I skate with just a basic sweat sock on and I have narrow and boney feet.

Anyway, any ideas on what I could do cut down or get rid of these issues?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like a circulation problem. I don't have an easy answer but I would advise to experiment with the way you're lacing them up. That is, try tying your skates a little looser in certain areas, especially around the middle.

Tuff Gong

Nov 6, 2005
Kelowna
I had problems with my 705's, mostly the bottom of my foot, where it arches, always just ached while I played, I just bit my lip and gave 'er hell and faught through it, never held me back.

as for your skates, don't tie them up so tight, and it kind of sounds liek they may be gettin a little small :dunno:

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Really don't know much about skates, but I just bought some Graf 305s recently. Was looking at these and the 501s - with the same size, the 501s were crushing my toes cos it was a narrower toe whilst the 305s were right. I liked the 501s better unfortunately. Could it be fit for you too though?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Phoenix said:
Really don't know much about skates, but I just bought some Graf 305s recently. Was looking at these and the 501s - with the same size, the 501s were crushing my toes cos it was a narrower toe whilst the 305s were right. I liked the 501s better unfortunately. Could it be fit for you too though?

Nah, the fit is perfect. The 703's are made for my foot.

I am going to bring them into the place I bought them and have they punch out the toungue a little to ease the pressure on that spot that is bothering me. I'm thinking I may need to have the toes stretched a little bit. I'll mention it to them and see what they think.

I'm gonna change the type of sock I wear too. The sock might be contributing to the soreness I get along the sides of my toes.

Thanks for the input guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad