Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
So basically you're saying he is NOT coming ?

The team hasn't been told that he is being sent back, but that doesn't rule out the possibility.

This writer may know someone with the Devils. From the context of the tweet, it seems to me like it was just a guess on his part.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
It's no disrespect. I just know who I trust and if someone trusted mentions a player, I'm inclined to lean that direction.

I know... coming from someone like Mark, his networking connections, NHL connection... to me it sounds like he has the edge in information.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
The team hasn't been told that he is being sent back, but that doesn't rule out the possibility.

This writer may know someone with the Devils. From the context of the tweet, it seems to me like it was just a guess on his part.

I read it as if he knew something we didnt...as if those talks are ramping up ( devils making moves?) behind the scenes...

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
If you were kyle raftis :
1) don't you think this is the year to make a run for an ohl championship and a memorial cup championship ?
2) how much longer does he want to continue to be the GM of the hounds, with success comes opportunity to move up to the Nhl ranks. Do you sell
a significant part of the future with young players and draft picks down the road to significantly make your team stronger for a championship run?
3) the status of the coaches also like a gm , with success comes opportunity. Like Dubas and Sheldon Keefe , with success came opportunity to enter
the professional leagues. Does Bannister and Cirella push the GM to make a championship run as well ?
4) how does ownership feel about adding for a championship run ?
5) we tried a few years back by adding Bolland, DeAngelo, Bailey, & Nick Ritchie, so I can see us trying again and we should have more success this time
around because we do not have a Connor McDavid type playing in the league to battle against. So if I am Raftis I would go for a run at a championship.

Reactions: 93MemCup

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I read it as if he knew something we didnt...as if those talks are ramping up ( devils making moves?) behind the scenes...

I think his whole theme was meant to be tongue in cheek...as if, If I Was Santa I'd wish the following for all these teams. Makes sense. For the Hounds it would be one less spot to fill from inside the organization with the OA checked off, plus another puck moving Dman.

I jokingly mentioned on the Missy forum that if the Trout keep losing....9 in a row and counting...do they think their organization would start looking ahead and possibly move some last year players out to retool.

Mike McLeod would be that right handed C who's at 67% in the faceoff circle so far this year. In last year's playoff run he was almost 60%. That would easily lead the Hounds in the faceoff department!

The other players that would interest the Hounds...and every other team as well of course, would be F Owen Tippett a right handed RW who's similar in size to Raddysh AND has a year left in junior possibly.

Lastly without realistically having Colton White fall back into our laps we could use another Dman. Nick Hague is basically Darnell Nurse with more offensive upside! Big body at 6'5" and 215lbs!

I know that would require a king's ransom and honestly don't think we'd have enough to make a massive move like that, with players and picks but since it's Christmas......one can dream can't they? Please....talk amongst yourselves! LOL

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I think his whole theme was meant to be tongue in cheek...as if, If I Was Santa I'd wish the following for all these teams. Makes sense. For the Hounds it would be one less spot to fill from inside the organization with the OA checked off, plus another puck moving Dman.

I jokingly mentioned on the Missy forum that if the Trout keep losing....9 in a row and counting...do they think their organization would start looking ahead and possibly move some last year players out to retool.

Mike McLeod would be that right handed C who's at 67% in the faceoff circle so far this year. In last year's playoff run he was almost 60%. That would easily lead the Hounds in the faceoff department!

The other players that would interest the Hounds...and every other team as well of course, would be F Owen Tippett a right handed RW who's similar in size to Raddysh AND has a year left in junior possibly.

Lastly without realistically having Colton White fall back into our laps we could use another Dman. Nick Hague is basically Darnell Nurse with more offensive upside! Big body at 6'5" and 215lbs!

I know that would require a king's ransom and honestly don't think we'd have enough to make a massive move like that, with players and picks but since it's Christmas......one can dream can't they? Please....talk amongst yourselves! LOL

I think that right hand shot RW 98 will be Raddysh. 100%. Taylor also has 1 year left in OHL , and not that either will be back, but i believe Raddysh has the more realistic chance of returning for OA year

I would love to see McCleod brought in if we do not get Kupari.

Chopchop

Oct 15, 2017
Back to back home and away with Flint should be two more in the win column. Then it's anybody's guess after that. Hope Gettinger is back to help out.

Gohoundsgo

Oct 28, 2017
Back to back home and away with Flint should be two more in the win column. Then it's anybody's guess after that. Hope Gettinger is back to help out.
Huh? Flint tonight, Kitchener Friday, Guelph Saturday, then Christmas break.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Thoughts?

Pu's history of choking in the second half of the season and the playoffs is concerning to me. Raddysh is a much better fit for our defensive scheme and a more proven performer in my view.

I do agree, however, that our faceoff troubles need to be addressed. Pezzetta from Sudbury seems like a good fit.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Michael McLeod from Missy is churning at about 67% this season and is over 60% over his career in the faceoff circle. I know i know apples and oranges when comparing him and Pezzetta cost wise though.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
With Flint having lost Caamano and Moore since our 7-0 blowout of the Firebirds in our last game, despite not having Katchouk and Timmins, should be another barn burner tonight, 10-1 final

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
With Flint having lost Caamano and Moore since our 7-0 blowout of the Firebirds in our last game, despite not having Katchouk and Timmins, should be another barn burner tonight, 10-1 final
My guess was 8-2 we were both way off that was probably there worst 2nd period of the season only 5 shots for. Friday against Kitchener will be tough hopefully they can pull that one out and hit 19

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
Looking forward to the game this Friday and seeing the Soo for the first time this season. Hopefully it is nothing like the last game up there and we get to see these teams duke it out!

Reactions: HF92

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
We are missing 2 top guys so it’s not going to be that good for the hounds

With all due respect to Kitchener, we have as much or more talent than them even without Katchouk and Timmins. You've just been calling for an end to the streak for like 6 games now and want to say 'look everyone, I was right' when it happens.

RangerNation

Jul 24, 2015
London
We are missing 2 top guys so it’s not going to be that good for the hounds

I would imagine a team at that caliber has depth so I wouldn't count them out. Rangers like to score, but also allow a lot of goals so am very interested to see what comes of Fridays game.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
With all due respect to Kitchener, we have as much or more talent than them even without Katchouk and Timmins. You've just been calling for an end to the streak for like 6 games now and want to say 'look everyone, I was right' when it happens.
6 games lol you go back and show me where I been calling 6 games for the streak to end fischhaber don’t know what your talking about

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
We do sell crow pies at the Aud if you happen to have a hankering for a snack after the game Fischer;)

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
We do sell crow pies at the Aud if you happen to have a hankering for a snack after the game Fischer;)

We'll see, it certainly could happen. I didn't mean any disrespect to the Rangers team with that comment. The Hounds just have a ton of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->