Soo Greyhounds 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
If Simpson gave that up he better pack his bags because Mark was in the building today

Chopchop

Oct 15, 2017
It's the old wait and see game. Nada on the news but then again what do they know.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Sandin did not practice with Rögle today, he's definitely leaving. Will probably be a decent OHL player but don't expect too much from him

Reactions: HF92

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
thinking these will be the forward lines in a few days :
roth frost katchouck
carbonnara Hayton kopacka
howdeshell verbeek gettinger
McKay/ fowler trott/
martin carroll
jacklin
martin, carroll, jacklin, trot and McKay interchangeable one game in one/ out as wingers with fowler on the 4TH line.

HockeyHero96

Nov 1, 2015
thinking these will be the forward lines in a few days :
roth frost katchouck
carbonnara Hayton kopacka
howdeshell verbeek gettinger
McKay/ fowler trott/
martin carroll
jacklin
martin, carroll, jacklin, trot and McKay interchangeable one game in one/ out as wingers with fowler on the 4TH line.

Howdeshell, frost , Katchouk
Roth Hayton Kopacka
carbonnara Verbeek gettinger
MArtin Fowler Carroll
Trott , jacklin, Trott

Timmis , Carroll
Hollowell,LeGuerrier
Demeo , Sandin
Caron, Wale , CAlisti ,

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
Too optimistic on Fowler in my opinion. Compare Hayton year 1 and Frost year 1 to Fowler at the 10 game mark this year. Fowler just isn't there yet to automatically pencil him in as the 4th line center. Mind you with the top 3 lines as listed, the rest may all be expendable as you suggest. The deadline will be interesting.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
would be very hesitant to give up the first round pick. There are no guarantee's in the ohl but trading away your first round pick to go for an ohl championship may
look good in the short term but it will hurt the team down the road. Your first rounder needs to be the cornerstone of your team down the road or at the very least
a very good 19 year old player that will produce. I.E the hounds gave up salinitri to sarnia a few years back to go for it all, they received a very good player in DeAngelo at the time but the hounds did not make it to the ohl championship series that year with the powerful team they had. They have a shot this year but Raftis must be careful also in what he gives up to go for it. It's a real fine line.

Reactions: 93MemCup

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
would be very hesitant to give up the first round pick. There are no guarantee's in the ohl but trading away your first round pick to go for an ohl championship may
look good in the short term but it will hurt the team down the road. Your first rounder needs to be the cornerstone of your team down the road or at the very least
a very good 19 year old player that will produce. I.E the hounds gave up salinitri to sarnia a few years back to go for it all, they received a very good player in DeAngelo at the time but the hounds did not make it to the ohl championship series that year with the powerful team they had. They have a shot this year but Raftis must be careful also in what he gives up to go for it. It's a real fine line.
While I agree, you have to remember Salinitri wasn't put up the numbers anywhere close in the Sault as he was since he was traded to Sarnia...even if we held onto him there's no guarantee he would have put up similar numbers here...sometimes a change in scenery is best for any player, remember Hawel was traded last season too to Guelph

potvin29

Apr 9, 2012
I wouldn't get too concerned with "lack of effort" - we've seen these same players perform at a high level and I fully expect it to be a minor blip in the season. Almost all teams go through stretches like this.

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
Very true River. I am not against giving any player the benefit of the doubt and thus some leeway, however my only point is that the question still remains to be answered: Was the kid a legit 1st round pick? Still lots of time to see and I am sure that the organization will give him opportunity, because lets face it no one wants or likes to be wrong. But the opportunity should not be at the detriment of the other players. The 4th line center position still seems wide open.
Yes, I do recall that rather large bump in the road called McDavid. At this time, I don't see any such bumps ahead this year.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Honestly if the trade does happen like it's been stated i'll be shocked. Given the length of time i was sure London would suffer "buyers remorse" by now!

Which leads me to think it probably won't happen...or not as originally stated anyway. Why the longgg delay? You either have a deal or you don't right?

herc511

Dec 11, 2014
Sault Ste Marie
You will see guys like DeMeo, Martin , Calisti, Jacklin being moved by or at deadline
Kopacka-Frost-Katchouk
Gettinger-Hayton-Howdeshell
Roth-Verbeek-Carbonara
Carroll-Fowler-Martin

MacKay,Trott,Jacklin

N.Carroll-Timmins
Hollowell-Sandin
LaGuerrier-DeMeo

Wale,Charon,Calisti

Reactions: HF92
Status
Not open for further replies.