Sony Xperia 5 III or Samsung S21 FE

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
So I need a newish phone. Looking at these two where I am getting a good deal.

For Sony I like..

3,5mm headphone jack
The look and feel
SD card slot

Don't like..
The camera

For Samsung i like..
The selfie camera (why have the best camera there?!)
The wealth of accessories

I don't like
No 3,5
No SD card slot
The design

What's your take on these? They should have an equal amount of bloatware and similar bench scores (i think?)

Or is there a better alternative around $500-$650?

Won't go Huawei or Xiaomi.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
An outsider entered the race. Samsung s20 fe, half the price and many seem to prefer it to s21?
Not sure about sweden but in canada lots of carriers are straight up giving away the s20 FE so if you're looking for a new plan it should be priced decent.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
An outsider entered the race. Samsung s20 fe, half the price and many seem to prefer it to s21?
I've been using one for a year. It's right between a mid-range and a flagship phone. Does everything fairly well, but nothing great. The micro sd card slot is great. Good Snapdragon processor.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I've been using one for a year. It's right between a mid-range and a flagship phone. Does everything fairly well, but nothing great. The micro sd card slot is great. Good Snapdragon processor.
Ended up ordering an S 20 plus 5g instead, like a s2 fe with more ram pretty much

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
So bummed out. Paid extra to get the refurbished phone as good as new. Aaaand I feel the crack on the back as soon as it came out of the box. And suddenly when I look at reviews I don't see the hundreds of great reviews anymore.. just the tens of recent reviews with situations like me and how they have to hustle to even get a refund when they have sent phones back.. WAITING months to get money back. Getting kinda depressed. Hoping for a partial refund instead of returning so I can get it repaired. Was so looking forward to a pristine phone.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Got hustled by a subcontractor of the refurbished company I ordered for. Arrived with a big crack on the back glass even though I paid extra for immaculate condition. The boxes it came in had no issue at all and the phone could not rattle. It was well packaged. They want me to do a claim with the freight company who have no part in the phone's condition..

When I turned the phone on I was surprised by the AT&T logo.. So checked the model number and it is an american version. So the 5g in it only works in North America.. Which the subcontractor doesn't agree with. Technical limitations are just a matter of opinion then I guess..

And now that I contacted the company directly, the subcontractor is leaving passive-aggressive comments about how I am wrong :D

Hopefully this gets a good solution. I really need a phone..

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Got hustled by a subcontractor of the refurbished company I ordered for. Arrived with a big crack on the back glass even though I paid extra for immaculate condition. The boxes it came in had no issue at all and the phone could not rattle. It was well packaged. They want me to do a claim with the freight company who have no part in the phone's condition..

When I turned the phone on I was surprised by the AT&T logo.. So checked the model number and it is an american version. So the 5g in it only works in North America.. Which the subcontractor doesn't agree with. Technical limitations are just a matter of opinion then I guess..

And now that I contacted the company directly, the subcontractor is leaving passive-aggressive comments about how I am wrong :D

Hopefully this gets a good solution. I really need a phone..
That's tough, sorry to hear that. I had initially ordered a refurb s20 fe from Best Buy, but they refused to communicate anything for weeks, so I cancelled asap and just bought direct from Samsung.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad