Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Going to rage and start off by saying that Bloodborne is a ****ing stupid game, simply because of the zero difficulty level. Trust me, I want to like this game, it has the artistic style I love and the concept is freakin' awesome. But, I don't have a million hours to game anymore when I was kid. I don't have the time to learn a whole new game mechanics when I have a billion other ones to play. As I've read somewhere when learning about the game, it's too hard to be fun. If the game had classic RPG elements similar to Final Fantasy, it would probably be awesome and a must have for PS4, but it doesn't and simply unplayable for someone who truly sucks like me. I spent an hour and couldn't even get to the third checkpoint. I can deal with a freakin' hard game, but with such a lack of checkpoints where you can save the game any time you like, just uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggg. Wants me to throw myself through a window.

The game doesn't even have splitscreen so there's no reason to play this anymore. Going to try and trade it in for Metal Gear Solid V.

Sorry, had to be done.

Reactions: Leafs at Knight

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
^ Yup. Bloodborne was my first ever souls game, and although difficult at first once you get used to the mechanics and movements, it gets easier. It's not supposed to be a cake-walk, it's supposed to be a challenging yet rewarding game which it was, and why it's one of my favourite games this gen.

Anyhow the PSX was a huge waste of time, I would've hated to spend money on that crap.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah it was.

Nothing until E3 then which would be a shame. There was a guy saying you won’t have to be asking about name changes at the next psx show. (Which means name changes or no psx)

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Going to rage and start off by saying that Bloodborne is a ****ing stupid game, simply because of the zero difficulty level. Trust me, I want to like this game, it has the artistic style I love and the concept is freakin' awesome. But, I don't have a million hours to game anymore when I was kid. I don't have the time to learn a whole new game mechanics when I have a billion other ones to play. As I've read somewhere when learning about the game, it's too hard to be fun. If the game had classic RPG elements similar to Final Fantasy, it would probably be awesome and a must have for PS4, but it doesn't and simply unplayable for someone who truly sucks like me. I spent an hour and couldn't even get to the third checkpoint. I can deal with a freakin' hard game, but with such a lack of checkpoints where you can save the game any time you like, just uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggg. Wants me to throw myself through a window.

The game doesn't even have splitscreen so there's no reason to play this anymore. Going to try and trade it in for Metal Gear Solid V.
Bloodborne is actually one of my favorite games but your gripes or totally legitimate, it absolutely should have local coop and there's zero reason it shouldn't and yeah, the lack of tutorial is really lame. Ive never bought into that git gud **** either. A lot of people that play souls games don't get what the problem with the difficulty is because theyre dishonest with themselves about whether or not they referenced a guide. I can't tell you how many times I've debated someone about souls game design saying they never needed a guide, only for them to admit they got stuck and used a guide when pushed.

Bloodborne (and souls in general) have several problems, namely confusing stats, hard to understand scaling and upgrade systems, and improperly explained mechanics like parrying and back stabs, invisible stat bonuses that are never mentioned, impossible to find areas...and that's just touching the surface.

There's a reason the guide is advertised when you go into the game menu.

That said, my advice if you want to give it another wack

1. Use the saw cleaver or saw spear with Ludwig's holy blade as the secondary weapon. Saw weapons give a massive damage bonus against beasts to the point where they may be the best weapons in the game despite being starting gear (the majority of the enemies are beasts), and Ludwig's holy blade also gives an invisible damage bonus to various enemy types.

2. Only level 4 stats, stamina, health, strength and dex. That's all you need for the first playthrough

3. Once you've been through an area and leveled up properly, ignore every enemy but dogs, they're not worth fighting and can't catch you (other than dogs). Just explore.

But, phantom pain is a great game too and it's much easier to pick up and play (well, it would be, if it was for the absolutely bonkers load times and hilariously long helicopter rides before and after every single mission)

Last edited:

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Bloodborne was my first Souls-like game, and I experienced the same frustration but I would definitely say it’s a much better and simpler game than Dark Souls. Once you get the basics of the combat down you’re all set because there’s less emphasis on stats and resistances and all the bullshit micromanagement that made Dark Souls such a tedious experience.

SEPH if you’re into online coop and ever want someone to play with just let me know.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@Common Sense the spoiler tag doesn't work bro. Thanks a lot dude, but I don't have PS Plus, I always saw my PS4 purchase as a single player based system, which I am loving thus far.

Thanks everybody for helping, I truly appreciate it. I think I've made up my mind in trying to trade it in for Metal Gear Solid V, but I absolutely will give Bloodborne II a chance.

^ Yup. Bloodborne was my first ever souls game, and although difficult at first once you get used to the mechanics and movements, it gets easier. It's not supposed to be a cake-walk, it's supposed to be a challenging yet rewarding game which it was, and why it's one of my favourite games this gen.
Actually having a night of sleep to think about it, I might have put too much emphasis on the game's difficultly. I have no problem with a game being effin hard and rewarding. No problem in my mind, but if you're going to make it that hard, at least allow the player to save WHENEVER he/she wants. You know? I just don't have the time to waste playing the same enemies over and over again (to get good) when I am just 4% complete with Horizon and haven't touched either Last of Us or Uncharted 4 yet. While I am also playing Destiny 2's campaign, haven't finished Halo Wars 2, with Dishonoured: Death of the Outsider all sitting on my shelf (good Black Friday deals). That doesn't even include games I want to get in the future like the Uncharted Series, God of War 3, perhaps Persona, and maybe Until Dawn as well. I got a PS4 because of how awesome their game library is.

For everyone: I do want to get into a Final Fantasy and all I know about is VII. I hope it is okay to ask again, but which Final Fantasy game is worth getting into for a noob who's only semi-played one game of the series? Is each FF a stand alone game and story?

For everyone 1.1: I keep seeing names called Dark Souls and Demon Souls (wrong title?), are those similar games to Bloodborne? And if so, are they playable for a dude like me or run into the same mechanics as Bloodborne does?

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The souls games are extremely similar in mechanics to Bloodborne so you'll absolutely have the same problems.

There's slight differences but the same issues will come up, you can't save anywhere and you can't pause the game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I just can’t grind on gta anymore. Stopped playing it after a year when everything was like a million+ bucks

Also the delay on heists kinda killed it for me

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Decided it was finally time to put other games to the side and start Persona 5. That's all I'm going to play until it's finished. Started last week and just going to make time for it. 40 hours in and at the end of the third palace.

Wonderful game as could be expected.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I really appreciate the constant updates ff15 has gotten but man the combat it just so unpolished and not fun. To be honest my favorite part of the game is driving around and taking pictures. Id love to see what this game can do on my pc as it's very blurry with low quality textures on ps4. I hate to say it but the consoles are starting to get outdated.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I will gladly pay $10 to change my PSN tag.

Lets just say times have changed and my PSN name just doesn't work anymore.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I was able to get Mass Effect Andromeda for $9.00 a few weeks back. I have to say I am having a tough time trying to go through it though. All the other ones I couldn't put down. Sucks.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So I was able to get Mass Effect Andromeda for $9.00 a few weeks back. I have to say I am having a tough time trying to go through it though. All the other ones I couldn't put down. Sucks.
I just watched a video about how many setbacks they had and it defintely makes sense as to why it's so bad

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island

lol I've noticed it on sale a few times, and was tempted to try it out. I guess I dodged a bullet there

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So for the Persona 5 guys, I have had the game since preorder and for some reason never went for it (played the crap out of 4). Now the big question. Do you guys use a guide to see what the best thing to do is? Or do you just play and say "f it" and got for what you want to do? I am always conflicted.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
So for the Persona 5 guys, I have had the game since preorder and for some reason never went for it (played the crap out of 4). Now the big question. Do you guys use a guide to see what the best thing to do is? Or do you just play and say "f it" and got for what you want to do? I am always conflicted.

To make best use of this playthrough (no idea when/if I will play another 80+ hour one) I am using a 'guide' for stuff like test answers and responses to best increase confidant levels with certain characters.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
To make best use of this playthrough (no idea when/if I will play another 80+ hour one) I am using a 'guide' for stuff like test answers and responses to best increase confidant levels with certain characters.

Ok that makes sense. What about what to do to maximize the "free time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->