Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
How do you like it? got it for my bro for his new PSVR. I read mostly positive reviews but a few negative also.
Honestly it made me sick to my stomach to play at first. I guess that can happen with VR. I was playing with the controller and the motion was making me sick. But if you play with the motion controllers you can do teleport (like jump to a spot you aim at) movement which is much easier on the queasyness lol.

But I am getting more and more used to playing with the controller. Just play a little bit at a time.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Honestly it made me sick to my stomach to play at first. I guess that can happen with VR. I was playing with the controller and the motion was making me sick. But if you play with the motion controllers you can do teleport (like jump to a spot you aim at) movement which is much easier on the queasyness lol.

But I am getting more and more used to playing with the controller. Just play a little bit at a time.

It’s weird. I get motion sick super easy but when I played (for a decent amount of time) worst I got was a minor headache

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I have a spare 500gb 2.5 inch drive laying around. Has anyone ever upgraded a PS3 fat? I was thinking of throwing that drive in there. I only have 40gb of storage right now. I've read mixed things on whether you need to upgrade the firmware via usb when doing this.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It’s weird. I get motion sick super easy but when I played (for a decent amount of time) worst I got was a minor headache
That's funny because I don't get motion sickness at all and this didn't take me long to feel queasy. :laugh:

But like I said, getting more used to it and using the Motion controllers makes it a lot easier to play. Even though its a bit chunkier.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Interesting thing I learned about PSVR (this happens on PC too), when the system cant maintain 90, it automatically drops to 45 and interpolates it to 90. Called reprojection. Some people are more sensitive to this and others arent, from what I understand its one of the main things that causes motion sickness after FOV.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Played through the first couple of dungeons in Persona 5 again on NG+ and uhhh, boy, this game has kinda gone from "topical" to "depressingly accurate" since it came out.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Speaking of Persona, I really wouldn't mind doing a playthrough of 4 again, but I don't have the means of doing so at the moment :(

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
From softwares been real quit this year. Dropped a 15 dollar dlc and that's it. If these a time to announce their next game its at psx

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Rumor is dark souls is getting a remaster
I'd like that quit a big it. Dark souls (and and Demons Souls) have some horribly muddy texture work.

Even DS3 and Bloodborne are not great they have kind of a waxy look to them up close but are at least presentable. Dark souls just looks awful now.

The second half also drags quite bit. Could use what they've learned from Dark Souls 3s pacing, which imo is just as good as Bloodborne as the two best games in the series.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
If Bloodborne 2 is announced I'll shit my pants so hard in excitement that I'll be propelled through the roof.

Also, is Death Stranding a video game? 3 trailers in and I can't really tell.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If Bloodborne 2 is announced I'll **** my pants so hard in excitement that I'll be propelled through the roof.

Also, is Death Stranding a video game? 3 trailers in and I can't really tell.
Its built on the Decima engine which is the horizon zero dawn engine so it will likely have some open world element, but I'm not sure about action or combat. Most likely it will judging from the military imagery.

Also yeah it's almost definitely Bloodborne the music and imagery was very Bloodborne. I still can't believe that game is regularly on sale for 10 or 12 bucks with the dlc. They're giving it away basically.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Its built on the Decima engine which is the horizon zero dawn engine so it will likely have some open world element, but I'm not sure about action or combat. Most likely it will judging from the military imagery.

Also yeah it's almost definitely Bloodborne the music and imagery was very Bloodborne. I still can't believe that game is regularly on sale for 10 or 12 bucks with the dlc. They're giving it away basically.
There was some kind of Japanese scroll in the background, didn't look like Bloodborne to me.

If it's a Sony project I guess we won't be waiting long to find out with PSX coming up.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Hmm, that does make me doubt it, but the words "shadows die twice" make me think it suggests a second game in a series or a remake.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Would like to see some gameplay for Death Stranding. Yeah the visuals are cool and all that. But one thing I hate about Kojima games is he is obsessed with movies and there are always 45 minute cut scenes stuffed into parts where you play for <30 minutes.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
That From thing didn't really narrow anything down, except for that it's probably not Armored Core. Not many games in their catalogue that would have a Japanese scroll in it though, I guess.

Most notable one is Tenchu.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Soul Calibur VI announced. This is my absolute favorite fighting game, and I have been waiting for a new iteration for this generation of systems.

Can't wait to see more info on it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going to rage and start off by saying that Bloodborne is a ****ing stupid game, simply because of the zero difficulty level. Trust me, I want to like this game, it has the artistic style I love and the concept is freakin' awesome. But, I don't have a million hours to game anymore when I was kid. I don't have the time to learn a whole new game mechanics when I have a billion other ones to play. As I've read somewhere when learning about the game, it's too hard to be fun. If the game had classic RPG elements similar to Final Fantasy, it would probably be awesome and a must have for PS4, but it doesn't and simply unplayable for someone who truly sucks like me. I spent an hour and couldn't even get to the third checkpoint. I can deal with a freakin' hard game, but with such a lack of checkpoints where you can save the game any time you like, just uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggg. Wants me to throw myself through a window.

The game doesn't even have splitscreen so there's no reason to play this anymore. Going to try and trade it in for Metal Gear Solid V.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad