Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Is Sony making a PS4 version of the Xbox One X in the future by any chance?
They already did, it's been out for a year. PS4 Pro. Its not nearly as well made as the One X and there's quite a few shortcomings. Less powerful in a lot of ways, lower resolution, lower quality textures, etc. Doesn't even play 4k blurays.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
They already did, it's been out for a year. PS4 Pro. Its not nearly as well made as the One X and there's quite a few shortcomings. Less powerful in a lot of ways, lower resolution, lower quality textures, etc. Doesn't even play 4k blurays.
I have played a couple of the same games that were "enhanced" for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and honestly the differences in graphics are hard to detect (for me). However... the loading times are insanely better on the Xbox One X.

For example in Assassins Creed: Origins if you use Senu (your Hawk) to scout ahead and you fly waaaaaaaay out from Bayek then close out of that to return to Bayek on PS4 you will get about a 5-10 second loading screen. On Xbox One X I have yet to see a loading screen after using Senu. Loot was another one. Sometimes loot drops from guys you kill on the PS4 would take about 10 seconds after you killed them to show up. On Xbox One X it's almost instant. Though you can unlock skills to auto-loot guys and that helps.

Never understood not having a 4K Blu-Ray drive on the PS4 Pro. Huge misstep IMO for Sony. I actually buy 4K Blu-ray's and watched them on my Xbox One S.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah, the lack of a 4K BluRay drive on the Pro was a miserable mistake (that undoubtedly saved Sony a good deal of money). I have a standard Xbone and don't see any real reason to upgrade there games-wise, so now I have a TV capable of 4K and very little 4K content to use on it.

Such a weird decision from a company that basically killed a competitor full-stop by including a DVD player in the PS2.

Physical media is dying...but until internet speeds can reliably stream 4K those 4K BluRays still have a purpose beyond bonus features, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy a stand-alone unit.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Not only that but lots of people still like owning physical copies of shows / movies they adore even if they have the capabilities to stream.

Agreed.

IMO, streaming will never ever be as great as owning and watching a physical copy of a movie....or listening to a CD. And yes I proudly say this as someone who still buys movies....and CD's too.

Reactions: Lancer

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just purchased a PS4 to join the family and have both. Any PS Plus deals out there floating?

I'm almost certain that major retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, Target) have a year of PS Plus for $40 on Black Friday

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Original composer and character designer working on VC4 as well. Guess they must've been making that while the interns made Revolution.

Weird that 4 is gonna come out in English before 3.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So my PS3 isn’t reading DVDs all of a sudden. Disc spins but nothing happens. Tried other discs and nothing.

It still plays games, Blu-ray, and Audio CDs so I don’t think it is the lasers. I’m at my wits end for solutions.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So with the PSVR on sale, decided to split it amongst the families and get my brother the psvr Skyrim bundle for Christmas. Seems to be sold out in many places (bestbuy, amazon, target). Got ahold of it at Walmart. I know people are saying it just sits on their mantel and not touched, but the new skyrim game seems to be getting some good reviews and seems like playstation has a pretty large lineup (60+ games) coming up in the next year. I havent played it since a demo at a bestbuy store but I really enjoyed it.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Trying to track down best price for Call of Duty WW2 without having to go wait in line somewhere.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
EU store Black Friday deals aren't that good, most of them are going to be cheaper by ordering online IMO.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I honestly thought Gundam versus was an old ps3 game that got a NA release for ps4. Is it an actual new game?

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I know we had a thread on Persona 5, but I can't seem to find it. I liked Persona 4 up until you were forced to do social links, which I hated. I liked the story and combat part of that game. Does Persona 5 make you do all that stupid social link crap, or is it more story and combat focused?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
What sort of percentage do you get in trade-ins nowadays? The deal I'm looking at is a Pro, GT Sport, CODWWII and Overwatch or Destiny 2 for £320, I figure I'd get what, £40 back for COD and Destiny?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I impulsively bought one and have "Last of Us" (don't know what this game is), "Uncharted 4", "Horizon" (reason why I bought the system), and "Bloodborne" (another no idea what this is) all coming. Is that a good start of games? I also picked up a Crystal Dual Shock controller because that was a really good price. I was looking at God of War III, but I think I'll wait until GoWIV to be released.

- Any other games worth looking at?
- Is the Darke Collection worth it? Is there a bad game of the three?
- What about Final Fantasy, which one should I potentially start at?
- Until Dawn?
What sort of percentage do you get in trade-ins nowadays? The deal I'm looking at is a Pro, GT Sport, CODWWII and Overwatch or Destiny 2 for £320, I figure I'd get what, £40 back for COD and Destiny?
Don't know what it's like in the UK, but Destiny 1 is being sold at Gamestop for like 15 bucks new and 5 bucks used in NA.

If you have Gamestop or EB Games, they have a calculator on their site showing how much you would get for trade-in items. It's actually quite helpful, of course it has to be in working condition to get your quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad