Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah I found some sites with limited spoilers and it says not to betray teammates. Is revealing okay? I might have done that with Makoto.

There's only like two places to mess it up and they're both near the very end of the game. They're also probably both pretty close to a save either way, so I don't think you'd be out too much even if you do.

I didn't know there was more than one ending until just now, tbh.

Reactions: S E P H

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Tips to achieve true ending in Persona 5 without spoilers? I just passed the firework festival FYI.

Honestly, it's really hard to mess this up.

The options are so obvious that it may as well be:

A) Extend this game further
B) You sure you want this to end right here?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
So I finally finished Persona 5 after 125 hours of play.

It absolutely floors me how much I love this game when I had zero interest in it at launch. My 2017 game of the year in hindsight by a massive margin. Quite possibly a top ten game of all time for me.

I liked it so much I'm tempted to get a PSTV and pick up a copy of P4G. :laugh:

Damn, 125 hours is such good bang for your buck.

Took me around 80ish hours on the first play through, my favourite thing to do was beat the Palaces in one day.

This is kind of an awesome time for JRPGS, with Persona 5 and Xenoblade 2 out now and Dragon Quest XI and Ni No Kuni coming out this year, there are plenty of hours to be consumed.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Damn, 125 hours is such good bang for your buck.

Took me around 80ish hours on the first play through, my favourite thing to do was beat the Palaces in one day.

This is kind of an awesome time for JRPGS, with Persona 5 and Xenoblade 2 out now and Dragon Quest XI and Ni No Kuni coming out this year, there are plenty of hours to be consumed.

I spent a lot of time on fusions. My wife was really interested in it and watched me play almost all of it, but she would wander off whenever I went into the Velvet Room. :laugh:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm glad I waited on R&C, figured it would end up on PS+ eventually.

Three PS4 games in 2019? Four I think is pushing it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
After I am done with P5, I think I am going to head back and finish Horizon Zero Dawn, but after that I was looking at Nier: Automata quite a bit lately. What is the opinion of the game here?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
After I am done with P5, I think I am going to head back and finish Horizon Zero Dawn, but after that I was looking at Nier: Automata quite a bit lately. What is the opinion of the game here?

Awesome game.

Platinum action game engine, feels very similar to Bayonetta. Very unique game play style that can switch on the fly. The game oozes style.

A lot of RPG elements and customization.

A lot of side quests.

Great characters and soundtrack.

Reactions: S E P H

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Remote play lets you play PS4 games on your Vita, not the other way around. Playing a Vita game on TV would require the stupidly named PlayStation TV (should be cheap to pick one up on the secondary market).

I have one but it still requires that stupid Sony style micro SD card which are not cheap and not all PSP or Vita games can be played on it.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Ugh, the memory cards are easily the worst part about the Vita.

At least P4G is one of the games that works on it, I know a few people who have it just for that game.

I bought it for the Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment game but then they released them all on PS4. It will probably be the first system I give my daughter when she gets old enough to have one in her room.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I have to say fortnite is one of the most visually impressive games I've seen this gen. The grass basically has no draw distance, it renders out all the way to the horizon with basically no visible jaggies. That's what you can do when you don't obsess over photo-realism and all the other stuff that really does nothing for me

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I can't wait to see what Video Game Tommy Wiseau thinks about robots.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
So I finally finished Persona 5 after 125 hours of play.

It absolutely floors me how much I love this game when I had zero interest in it at launch. My 2017 game of the year in hindsight by a massive margin. Quite possibly a top ten game of all time for me.

I liked it so much I'm tempted to get a PSTV and pick up a copy of P4G. :laugh:
Any tips for a brand new player to Persona series? I bought it cheaply and after 1 hour of playing I still don't understand what to do here.
I'm cringing most of the time and hoping the game autosaves before I just have to close it and move on.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Any tips for a brand new player to Persona series? I bought it cheaply and after 1 hour of playing I still don't understand what to do here.
I'm cringing most of the time and hoping the game autosaves before I just have to close it and move on.

The beginning sucks, hard. It's the day in the life of a Japanese teenager. I was in the same boat, it was just so boring, in comparison, Iwas coming down off HZD.

It still is the life a teenager...but it's more interesting once you start flipping between the real world and the dungeons. Also Ann. And there's free costumes in the PSN store.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Lots of people saying good things about Moss, since I know there are some PSVR owners around here.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I started playing my PS4 again by purchasing and downloading the remake of "Secret of Mana." I don't get why people are hating the Square-Enix property. I enjoy it (although I need two other players to help with the magic casting. )

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I started playing my PS4 again by purchasing and downloading the remake of "Secret of Mana." I don't get why people are hating the Square-Enix property. I enjoy it (although I need two other players to help with the magic casting. )

You can quick link a spell to L1 and R1...sure, it's only two spells, but it helps a ton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad