Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
this is from before e3 so nothing came of it but it's interesting none the less

PlayStation 1 Classic could be in the works as Sony CEO teases revamp of the iconic console ahead of E3
PlayStation 1 Classic could be in the works as Sony CEO teases revamp of the iconic console ahead of E3

Could Sony be prepping something big for E3 next month

AS THE sun sets on two Sony consoles, the company could resurrect the beloved PlayStation 1 to give mourning gamers a nostalgia fix.
Rumours are hotting up about a PS1 Classic in the vein of Nintendo's successful NES and SNES revamps after Sony CEO John Kodera revealed that the company is exploring the option.

“Our company is always digging up past assets. I think there are various ways to do (a classic console)," Kodera told Japan's Mantan Web.
"There have been discussions happening (within the company) on what kind of ways are there.”

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I fully admit I don't understand the trend towards these classic consoles as I grew up almost exclusively on PC until the N64 happened, so my classic console is DosBox. :laugh:

That said, I know at least two people who would order this the second it became available.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I can see myself hitting the reset button for an hour just to listen to those smash screens again :laugh:

That sound is peak nostalgia. That is being at my friend's house in 5th/6th grade, eating pizza, and playing Twisted Metal 2 & Final Fantasy VII.

I can't imagine this wouldn't be a licensing nightmare.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any word on what's going on with Dreams? Nothing except ten second previews throughout E3.

And nothing about Final Fantasy VII remake either. Just a lot of guesses about release dates on Walmart's preorder sheet.

Death Stranding looks so damn good though, that caught my interest the most.

I can see myself hitting the reset button for an hour just to listen to those smash screens again :laugh:

That sound is peak nostalgia. That is being at my friend's house in 5th/6th grade, eating pizza, and playing Twisted Metal 2 & Final Fantasy VII.

I can't imagine this wouldn't be a licensing nightmare.
Oh mannn, Twisted Metal? Now that's a blast from the pass. I was up in my friends house who lived in the mountains when I was in 6th grade. We motorbiked all day and came in after dark and just played the hell out of that.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Introducing PlayStation Hits: Great Games at a Great Price

Introducing PlayStation Hits: Great Games at a Great Price

Catch up on some of the biggest PS4 experiences you might have missed, now at a new lower price.

If you missed out on some great PlayStation 4 games that came out a few years ago, we have exciting news! We’re introducing PlayStation Hits, a selection of incredible PS4 games that are easy on the wallet. From award winning epics to family friendly favorites, PlayStation Hits offers an awesome lineup of games for $19.99 USD (MSRP) each on PlayStation Store and select retailers across the U.S. In Canada, PlayStation Hits games will range in price, starting at $19.99 CAD (MSRP) each at participating retailers and PS Store.

At retailers, PlayStation Hits games will come in red packaging instead of our usual blue, and at PS Store the games will have red banners that’ll make it easy for you to identify which games are part of the Hits lineup.

Below are the list of games that will become available in this new program starting June 28 in the U.S. In Canada select titles will be available – check out the Canadian PlayStation Hits page for details.

29015765868_baf689df28_b.jpg

We’ll continue to add to the PlayStation Hits lineup, so stay tuned.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
P4 is absolutely amazing. Got the true ending in about 88 hours. Please go play it. If you have a Vita, get P4G.

Well, it took awhile after my PSTV arrived to wrangle up the game, an old DS2 controller and a long enough USB micro cable, but I finally started up P4G last night.

Four hours in and I'm already hooked.

I chose to play Normal difficulty, but after the first couple "bosses" I'm starting to wonder if I should've gone for easy. I beat the second "shadow" by the skin of my ass. :laugh:

Any tips for not screwing up your game royally? (I got the not so subtle hint from Igor).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Well, it took awhile after my PSTV arrived to wrangle up the game, an old DS2 controller and a long enough USB micro cable, but I finally started up P4G last night.

Four hours in and I'm already hooked.

I chose to play Normal difficulty, but after the first couple "bosses" I'm starting to wonder if I should've gone for easy. I beat the second "shadow" by the skin of my ass. :laugh:

Any tips for not screwing up your game royally? (I got the not so subtle hint from Igor).

You can't really screw anything up, per se, though you'll probably end up consulting a FAQ at some point to get the true ending.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I had a blackout at my house. I have an external hard drive connected to my 500GB PS4. I think some of my games might be glitching. (Final Fantasy XV is the biggest culprit.) Is there a cure to this? Has anybody else ever have this happened to you?

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I had a blackout at my house. I have an external hard drive connected to my 500GB PS4. I think some of my games might be glitching. (Final Fantasy XV is the biggest culprit.) Is there a cure to this? Has anybody else ever have this happened to you?

My PS4 crashed the other day with the external harddrive connected. It wasn't too happy about it when I turned it back on. My fix was to simply disconnect the harddrive, reconnect it then let the PS4 run it's own troubleshooting. Works fine now.

Maybe you could reinstall games that have gone loopy.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
My PS4 crashed the other day with the external harddrive connected. It wasn't too happy about it when I turned it back on. My fix was to simply disconnect the harddrive, reconnect it then let the PS4 run it's own troubleshooting. Works fine now.

Maybe you could reinstall games that have gone loopy.

Thanks for the offer. I'll do what you said.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
This is easily the best PS4 line-up there's been for IGC over the years.

Now if Mafia III's season pass could end up on sale (I remember it being there a couple months ago), that'd be great.

Reactions: sa cyred

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I liked Mafia 3 quite a bit, it’s really repetitive but I had fun. Good story, killer soundtrack

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Looks like they're going to put out the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo in English this week.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Argh! My house lost power for a brief moment (maybe a brownout), and my poor PS4 with attached external hard drive went for a doozey. I think I got it fixed, but I don't have time to get a battery backup. (I'm going on vacation to Cincinnati tomorrow #TwilightSparkle Spoiler Alert! )

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I paid full price for Mafia 3 and didn't regret it one iota. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it has one of my favorite stories, settings and ensembles of characters in any open-world game.

If you haven't played it, I highly recommend picking it up for free this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad