Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I never had a PS2 :(

Poor man, but it was a fun series though a little repetitive at times.

In terms of sports games, Madden is kind of the same old same old, the NHL series last good iteration was on the previous generation of consoles, the NBA 2k series is still fairly well regarded but I haven't played the last couple of versions, FIFA is the best football game (some people prefer PES but it doesn't have licensed players) I play the ultimate team mode on that quite frequently. Although the reddit fifa community might be the angriest online gaming fanbase i've seen :laugh:

I'm like you and have no interest in baseball but The Show is frequently mentioned as one of the best sports games around.

Rocket League is basically football with cars and is a ton of fun.

That is because it is, but this year took a bit of a hit I will admit.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Just a headsup on this, Closed Beta signup has been delayed to August 22nd. The reasoning is supposidly they want to allow more people into the beta.

The Closed Beta is from September 16-18.

Yeah someone at my work just mentioned it to me. Hopefully I can get in and try it out.

Just Cause 3 for August, colour me surprised.

Almost bought it a couple times on some of the sales, nice.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Really enjoying the surge. Very good take on the dark souls formula, i like how it makes it much harder on you to just use one playstyle in a playthrough.

Also, it does the story aspect much better. Voice memos that slowly reveal the story. A much better way than searching through item descriptions.

It's kind of funny though because the story is just bloodbornes story in a lot of ways except instead of Cthulhu it's nanomachines

Also runs much better than bloodbornes. Everyone doesn't notice it but to me it's a stuttering mess.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Just Cause 3 for August, colour me surprised.

Just to followup on this:

Full lineup:
Just Cause 3, PS4
Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry, PS4
Super Motherload, PS3
Snakeball, PS3
Downwell, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
Level 22, PS Vita

Really other than JC3, its average but a solid AAA game is another nice bonus. Maybe we have turned the corner on them releasing a AAA game a month? :):naughty:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
As expected when Sony raised the PS+ price in NA last year, EU and Australia prices go up at the end of August. 50 pounds, 60 euros & 80 AUD, 40/50/70 were the old prices.

Glad I used that offer a few months back.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Doom is free for PS+ users this weekend, which is a weird thing to do, but...

Everybody play Doom. It's free until Monday night, apparently.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Doom is free for PS+ users this weekend, which is a weird thing to do, but...

Everybody play Doom. It's free until Monday night, apparently.

Did this on PC last weekend and XO when they did it (might have been the same weekend?) Anyways, it convinced me to buy it. Great effing game. They really got back to the roots of what made DOOM, DOOM! Perfect adaptation of the original. Can't say enough about it.

So go buy it you crazy PS owners!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
As expected when Sony raised the PS+ price in NA last year, EU and Australia prices go up at the end of August. 50 pounds, 60 euros & 80 AUD, 40/50/70 were the old prices.

Glad I used that offer a few months back.

Yeah I got two years cheap a while back. I'll be sure to be outraged by this when I have to pay again.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Maybe I'll give doom a go

I haven't used my PS4 for anything but Netflix the last like year and a half lmao

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah that's why I never try free weekends. Rainbow six siege does it all the time. You really expect me to download 50 Gb for 1 weekend?

That's 10 percent of my cap

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Been playing blazblue. Damn there's so many combos and special movies. It took me 15 minutes to get through the tutorial for one character.

Also the story mode is so incoherent. I assume this is part of a series or something?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Been playing blazblue. Damn there's so many combos and special movies. It took me 15 minutes to get through the tutorial for one character.

Also the story mode is so incoherent. I assume this is part of a series or something?

If it's Central Fiction then it's like the 5th and final part of a series. Although playing the other ones doesn't make things too much more coherent.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So i plunged and bought Lawbreakers. Having a total blast. Reminds me of Unreal Tourney & Quake.

Seems like a lot of the Overwatch supported sites are trying to band together to make it fail. Shame. This is a different game then Overwatch and the speed is exhilarating I find. I would love more different games then the typical COD/FPS games we get yearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad