Sony PS4 #10: The Return of the Ugly Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Yeah, Nintendo has my full attention on purchasing video games in the future at the moment

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No I heard it's like Friday though which is super fun to play if you don't mind the occasional crash and disconnect (which will probably be fixed)

My only concern was none of my friends really play video games anymore and its all online, so how the online community is and if it is fun just joining a group of total strangers.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Why are the console versions of indie games so expensive?

Take Poi for instance. Neat looking 3D platformer I've been interested in just released today on the PS Store. It's listed at $26.99 CDN whereas the same game is like $15 CDN on Steam.

Also, seems like sometimes Canadians get ripped off with the currency conversion. Sometimes I'll see a $15 USD game be priced at $25-$27 CDN. Why? Using the proper conversion we would be looking at $19-$20. Seems a little unnecessary to add the extra dollars.

I have 7 PSN games in my wishlist right now. Just waiting for them to drop in price. The good thing with the PS store is that they have constant flash sales and deals..hell I've bought like 10 discounted games within the past week. But some of these just seem overpriced for indie games, IMO. Especially when you consider most are like 5-7 hour experiences. Hard to justify them at full price when they're generally so short. But at $10 a piece or so that's an easy yes. I've seen some awesome indie titles drop to as low as 80% off. Just gotta be patient I suppose.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - $33.49
Skylar & Plux: Adventure On Clover Island - $19.99
Little Nightmares - $24.99
Salt and Sanctuary - $17.99
Ittle Dew 2 - $26.99
Hyper Light Drifter - $19.99
Poi - $26.99

Maybe I've just been spoiled by the flash sales and PS Plus discounts/deals, but am I wrong in thinking these are a tad bit pricy?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The price difference is surprising, but a few of those games you listed are more expensive on steam when not on sale

But speaking of sales, PS4 is having a decent summer sale too with some decent exclusives discounted pretty heavily

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
My only concern was none of my friends really play video games anymore and its all online, so how the online community is and if it is fun just joining a group of total strangers.

Friday is really fun if people have mics. Can't say anything about daylight. Even if they don't just running from Jason while he struggles to kill you is hilarious

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't really have any interest in Until Dawn and already own GoT (haven't played it yet) but it's good to see some higher reviewed games like Until Dawn and Life is Strange last month get offered.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I see now why the July PS+ line-up is good, the store (EU store at least, not sure about NA) has a "15 months for the price of 12" -offer for the next week, for members who don't have an active PS+ subscription.

I'll be surprised if the August line-up has anything worth mentioning.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just got a $15 PS Store credit for some "spend $100" over the past month promotion. Or something like that anyways. Nice little surprise considering I didn't even know about the promotion. :laugh:

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
So I forgot how I did this last year but I got my E3 stuff most of it was crap but if anybody wants these things let me know. I have

dreadnought fleet pack

monster world avatars hunter and rathalo

monster world theme

paragon firewall grim.exe skin

lawbreakers: rise of fall dynamic theme

let it die avatar pack

star trek bridge crew enterprise avatar

matterfall avalon darrow e3 avatar

just message me and I will try and update the thread as things are taken.

Last edited:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
**** that.. I absolutely loved it.

Yeah I don't even watch the show, first season and checked out but I liked the game. One of the few Telltale games that it really feels like every choice has major consequences especially with my ending.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
9 almost 10 years since PS started trophy implementation tonight finally got my first Platinum on a sports game with MLB 17, also racked in as Platinum #40.

Don't sound like much but pretty big deal to me as I've played most major sports since 2005 and never pulled it off. Came close with Madden 11 I'm one challenge away, MLB 10 only needed to rack up one win vs every team thought I did it had no counter on who I missed don't want to play another 30.

NHL once got to 91% but then rest were like eashl junk.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
9 almost 10 years since PS started trophy implementation tonight finally got my first Platinum on a sports game with MLB 17, also racked in as Platinum #40.

Don't sound like much but pretty big deal to me as I've played most major sports since 2005 and never pulled it off. Came close with Madden 11 I'm one challenge away, MLB 10 only needed to rack up one win vs every team thought I did it had no counter on who I missed don't want to play another 30.

NHL once got to 91% but then rest were like eashl junk.

Can't you just put it on one inning? Also did you do it all with one team? Maybe you didn't play your own team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad