Recalled/Assigned: Sonny Milano - assigned to Springfield. 3/23.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Sonny Milano, who was recently named the Jackets' top prospect by HF, has been assigned to Springfield. Milano just finished up his rookie season in the OHL, recording 22 goals, 46 assists.. 68 points in 50 games. He respectfully lead the Whalers in points. The next closest player, Matthew Campagna, had 17 less points... even though he played in 14 more games than Milano.

Milano will report to Springfield today and begin practicing with the team starting tomorrow (Tuesday). Aiming to make his pro debut for the Falcons on Friday when they hope to keep their playoff chances alive by playing Worcester.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=759428

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Also, if a MOD was to add to the title.... William Karlsson has been called up by the Jackets on an emergency basis from Springfield.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Leave it to Portzline to report that Milano is out for a week.... turns out he is indeed NOT out for a week and is making his pro debut. Springfield is down 3-2 at the end of the first but within Milano's first 3 shifts of his professional career, Milano assisted on Springfields first goal. Congrats Sonny! It was a sliiick pass, can be seen below.

https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/581598113707757570

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Yeah, I wasn't sure whether he meant out a week, meaning until next weekend, or out a week from when he suffered the injury. Oh well. Light 'em up!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
he was out last saturday and most of friday...so basically a week of not playing...I don't think Porty was that wrong on this...no one seemed to think he'd play this weekend at least of the springfield folks...

anyways...was a nice pass...hopefully springfield gets it back on track and makes the playoffs...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
One of our posters that has a lot of knowledge of prospects saw the game and said

"He fast. I mean....FAST. Great hands. Made a fool of Tennyson on Springfield's first goal. Small sample size obviously but he looked like what you'd expect a top NHL draft pick to look."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad