Something Weird About Friday (Tomorrow's) Meetings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Just something that sprung to my mind here, maybe I read too much into things...

Why make the COUNSCIOUS effort that Daly and Saskin have made to say "Tomorrow, we'll start the day doing small committee business, THEN we'll bring all the big wigs aboard and have a big bargaining session."

I'm thinking, couldn't they have just said, "We met today for so and so for so many hours, we'll meet again tomorrow, no more comments." Why the need to detail the next day's schedule like that? And isn't it a bit weird that this is stretching into a third consecutive, unscheduled day of negos that will start with small commitees and THEN go into a big bargaining session?

That sends me the message that something important is being tackled and that the parties are close enough on the issue to say "Ok, let's stretch it and work a few hours on this tomorrow to put some polish on it, and then let's bring in Bozo and Gonzo and show them what we've agreed to."

Anybody has opinions?

ResidentAlien*

ya..ive ran that through the old grey matter once or twice, but I think you can drive yrself nutz doin that, like BobMc said..chill out...it'll happen.
It's too easy to read something into anything.....wait for the fat lady...and I dont mean your mom ;)

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
My guess is that the small groups have worked on some details that they may have mutually agreed upon and they will have further discussions on all of the "small details" and how the fine print should read. They are talking the same language, and I am hoping they are writing this new agreement together. So that process may not have to include the big wigs if they have agreed upon some of the issues.

There might be bigger issues that still have to be addressed/agreed upon, which is where Bettman and Goodenow and other members of the committee come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->