Somebody please get somebody to put the lottery on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
JNRhockeyGURU said:
do people even think? the draft order can not be picked starting at 30 and going to 1 because that would totally defeat the purpose of the weighted lottery system, it would in fact give the team with 3 balls a better shot at the number 30 pick, if they were going to do it backwards, then having MORE balls would be a disadvantage.

it could be done like in the NBA. The actual picking og the ping pong balls could be done behind closed doors, but the results would be announced on live television, moving backwards from 30th.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
GoLeafsGo2003 said:
it could be done like in the NBA. The actual picking og the ping pong balls could be done behind closed doors, but the results would be announced on live television, moving backwards from 30th.

Exactly. I actually like the idea of having more balls as a disadvantage and then starting from 30, but either way is fine....i just want to know who's gonna win already....

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
GoLeafsGo2003 said:
What about something like this?
helicecopter said:
If they want to do it live in reverse order keeping the 48 balls format they just have to give each ball a number (1-48) while already having assigned them to the teams (3 numbers to the Rangers, one to the Islanders..). They can have on the stage each teams' logo with the assigned numbers printed above it and covered with a piece of cloth. The public would not know the matches when the numbers are drawn. After the drawings the organizers realize which is the resulting order and they can start unveiling the logos corresponding to position #30, #29....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad