OT: Somebody on Gran Turismo Sport likes the Islanders

Ned Starks Head

May 8, 2013
North Carolina
...And that person might be me.

I don't post here very often, but I check in just about every day.
My kids gave me a PS4 for Christmas last year, and the Gran Turismo Sport game with it. I think I've played every Gran Turismo game since it first came out way back when on the original Playstation.

Gran Turismo Sport has this feature where you can design your own paint schemes, decals, etc....or liveries as they call it. Users can also upload their own designed decals for others to use, as well as completed liveries. There's also picture modes, where you can take either race photos or still scenes, or scapes of cars that you have. Been exploring these lately.

Anyways, this is what I'm getting at:

20180725051400.jpg

20180725051436.jpg

20180729223029.jpg

20180729223139.jpg

Hope you like them!

scott99

May 13, 2005
Looks so realistic nowadays. I remember how blown away I was with the first GT on the PS1. I used the watch the replays of my races over and over. I was amazed by the realism. Now it looks 100x more real. Love those Isle’s cars !

Reactions: bigtim1988

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Those are very slick... I did some Isles-themed car skins back in Forza 2/3 but nothing nearly as nice as what you've done and are showing here.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
LOL Pole Position. That one hairpin turn....

Ned Starks Head

May 8, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for the kind words!

When my son got his PS4 shortly after it's launch, I thought the graphics were a decent leap beyond the PS3, then I saw some screen shots and photos from Gran Turismo Sport...I'd be hard pressed to be able to tell some of them from the real thing. A long way from the look of 'Pong' (that I barely remember playing as a little kid), and then the upgrade to the Atari 2600..more than 2 colors!

Cars in honor of Pierre Turgeon and Micheal Haley?

Lol! Actually I had thought of doing something like that originally...the blue Mustang initially had the #13 early on. As I got more into it, I wanted to make it as real as possible, so I decided to research and replicate real race cars, which meant finding and placing the race teams actual sponsor decals pretty much where they are on the real car when possible. The blue Mustang is an IMSA Sports Car Challenge series car (w/o the NYI), that Jack Roush Jr. (among others) drove last year. The white Mustang is a Pirelli World Challenge series car. The car numbers are the numbers that each real car had.

I think the online research took about as long as creating the cars themselves.....well it seemed like it anyways.
Currently working on another Islanders car, this time a Dodge Viper.

I've also done some Game of Thrones cars, a couple Battlestar Galactica cars (I really, really liked the re-imaged BSG series that the SY FY channel put out a few years ago).

That’s sick!! I always wanted EA to use that feature for Custom Goalie masks

That would be awesome! Since you can do the race helmets in GTS, I don't see why goalie masks wouldn't work. Come on EA!

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad