Some Questions...

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Hi,

Regarding Valeri Nichushkin will he ever return to the NHL / become the star player we tought he would be or are we looking at another Filatov case here ? ( i dont get to follow the KHL not more than reading results so i dont know how he has been there this season)

What do you guys think about Russias young core of deffense ( Provorov , Zaitsev, Tryamkin and the guy in Montreal dont remember his name but he looked good last junior WC etc..) now that the regular season in the NHL is closing in....is things still looking good?

Move to 2018 - what would be the absolut best Russian team ?

Sad to see both Malkin and Kucherov loosing games this season both would be contender for both the Art and Rocket Richard trophy.

Take care:)

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Nichushkin is taking steps forward. Star? I don't see it, but I think he will be a productive player.

BTW, Filatov looked great this year. Bigger, stronger, more confidence, he might still come back.

The young D core is intriguing, but all of them still have work to do and 2018 is just too soon to expect big improvements. Maybe by next WC it will be a much better D, I hope.

Top team for 2018:

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Tarasenko
Kucherov-Malkin-Kovalchuk
Panarin-Anisimov-Radulov
Dadonov-Schipachyov-Gusev

Zaitsev-Provorov
Voynov-Zadorov
Orlov-Tryamkin
Ozhiganov-Bereglazov

Bobrovskiy
Vasilevskiy
Shestyorkin