Some NCAA '04's

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was watching a game I have on tape, Maine vs Northeastern (2-13-04 I think) Anyways I was impressed with Maine's Lundin and NE's Steve Birstill. Both had a solid game and played an important role with their respectitive teams. Any ideas as to where Lundin and Birstill will go in the draft and any opinions on them.

I also thought Mike Hamilton had a strong game. Why did he miss so many games this year, was he ever drafted?

2 others that got my attention were Josh Soares and Luciano Aquino. Both seemed like they were raw, but Aquino is fast and Soares seems to have good offensive instincts and held his own after 2 big hits not far apart.

Byran Cirullo was ok, didn't pay too much attention to him, is he ranked by csb?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Cirullo is ranked...but real low. He was also ranked last year, he might have opted out last year.

Aquino is ranked this year too...don't know about Soares.

Hamilton is drafted. I think by Atlanta.

As far as Lundin and Birnstill, they can go anywhere from rounds 2-5, Birnstill has to opt in.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
TMHUNH said:
Cirullo is ranked...but real low. He was also ranked last year, he might have opted out last year.

Aquino is ranked this year too...don't know about Soares.

Hamilton is drafted. I think by Atlanta.

As far as Lundin and Birnstill, they can go anywhere from rounds 2-5, Birnstill has to opt in.

Thanks. Cirullo didnt really stick out, but Lundin and Birnstill did. I liked both of them and would be happy to see the habs pick one. Lundin looks like he could be a real good one.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I'm hoping that the Rangers take Lundin with one of our 2nds.

Good hockey sense, smooth skater, just needs to add muscle.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
montreal said:
I was watching a game I have on tape, Maine vs Northeastern (2-13-04 I think) Anyways I was impressed with Maine's Lundin and NE's Steve Birstill. Both had a solid game and played an important role with their respectitive teams. Any ideas as to where Lundin and Birstill will go in the draft and any opinions on them.

I also thought Mike Hamilton had a strong game. Why did he miss so many games this year, was he ever drafted?

Good call on Lundin and Birnstill. Birnstill blew me away this year, but I seriously doubt that he'll go before the third or fourth round.

Mike Hamilton was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers last summer.

montreal said:
2 others that got my attention were Josh Soares and Luciano Aquino. Both seemed like they were raw, but Aquino is fast and Soares seems to have good offensive instincts and held his own after 2 big hits not far apart.

Byran Cirullo was ok, didn't pay too much attention to him, is he ranked by csb?

Yes, Cirullo and Aquino both are. Soares is not.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oilers Chick said:
Good call on Lundin and Birnstill. Birnstill blew me away this year, but I seriously doubt that he'll go before the third or fourth round.

Mike Hamilton was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers last summer.

Yes, Cirullo and Aquino both are. Soares is not.

Lundin I really liked and Birnstill seems solid on a somewhat shaky team.

Soares should be, I hope to see more of him next year, he seems to have some good skills. Aquino has some wheels on him.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
NU is a very young team, so hopefully they'll be better next season (although Mike Morris was outstanding this year. Really matured as a player this season).

On a slightly different topic about NCAA-bound players.....

Anyone have an opinion on Alex Goglioski? (sp?) He's U of Minnesota-bound and I've been reading some very good things on him. Anyone whose seen this kid that's got info on him, please post the info. Thanks.

a89mogilny89

Oilers Chick said:
Anyone have an opinion on Alex Goglioski? (sp?) He's U of Minnesota-bound and I've been reading some very good things on him. Anyone whose seen this kid that's got info on him, please post the info. Thanks.

Sounds like UM found a winner...
Alex Goligoski joins the Golden Gophers as a 6-0, 180-pound defenseman from Grand Rapids, Minn. With Grand Rapids High School in 2003-04, Goligoski had 25 goals and 31 assists to help lead the Thunderhawks to a runner-up finish in Section 7AA. He was a 2004 Mr. Hockey finalist, a member of the Associated Press All-State Team and the 2004 Duluth News Tribune Player of the Year. An offensive defenseman with great vision and quickness, Goligoski joined Sioux Falls Stampede of the United States Hockey League (USHL) following his prep season. In 10 games this season with the Stampede, he has two assists. Last spring, Goligoski played with the USHL’s River City Lancers.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd like to get some info on Sasha Grenier an incoming freshman for Cornell. He's a big defensemen that played for the Quebec U-17 team I believe. Any word on him? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->