Some intangibles I want to talk about

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I often read or hear that when 2 players score for example 40 goals the skills and flashiness doesn't weight anything in the discussion because they're both equally efficiant , but it seems people don't talk about the fact it's more mentally challenging to face a player controlling the play for longer times even if he ends up scoring the same number of goals , and the other intangibles is how many free space this ''40 goals'' scorer is giving to his linemates that can produce points without him being on the scoresheet for some goals.There's also the time he has possesion of the puck or help tremendously his team keep it in the offensive zone.Just food for thoughts.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I often read or hear that when 2 players score for example 40 goals the skills and flashiness doesn't weight anything in the discussion because they're both equally efficiant , but it seems people don't talk about the fact it's more mentally challenging to face a player controlling the play for longer times even if he ends up scoring the same number of goals , and the other intangibles is how many free space this ''40 goals'' scorer is giving to his linemates that can produce points without him being on the scoresheet for some goals.There's also the time he has possesion of the puck or help tremendously his team keep it in the offensive zone.Just food for thoughts.

I believe this was discussed earlier and determined that it can't really be found in the statistics of other players. Generally any player who is the catalyst for his line is in on about the same percentage of the goals the line scores, as any other player of that ilk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad