Line Combos: Sobotka returns, but who sits?

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Between now and the playoffs I think Hitch will have a bunch of different lineups for various reasons, if everyone is healthy come the playoffs I think Roy is the odd man out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Probably Roy, the guy has like 5 points in the last 21 games, AKA not doing much.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Would like to see

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Berglund-Ott-Morrow (Berglund takes role of center after Ott takes faceoff)
Pajaarvi-Lapierre-Reaves

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
For the playoffs I want:
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Berglund-Tarasenko
Morrow-Sobotka-Ott
Paajarvi/Porter-Lapierre-Reaves.

That's the lineup I am hoping for. 18 games left though, still time for an injury or 2

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
Isn't it nice that we have enough good players that it is hard to decide who sits? I think Roy is the odd man out on our roster, but I by no means think he's "bad".

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Would like to see

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Berglund-Ott-Morrow (Berglund takes role of center after Ott takes faceoff)
Pajaarvi-Lapierre-Reaves

I like that third line.

But I think it's likely to be Reaves or MPS based on matchups, not both. Against the Kings and Ducks, we'll see Reaves. Against the Stars and Blackhawks, we'll see MPS. I think Jaskin and Porter will play the other wing. Nothing but a hunch.

illninofan*

What the hell? You don't take out Reaves period. At all.

MPS/Roy against the "lighter" checking teams, Porter/Jaskin vs. The Kings, Ducks and Sharks.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
What the hell? You don't take out Reaves period. At all.

MPS/Roy against the "lighter" checking teams, Porter/Jaskin vs. The Kings, Ducks and Sharks.

I don't see a scenario where the Blues scratch both MPS and Roy in favor of Jaskin and Porter. Paajarvi has the same checking ability as Porter, and he has more offensive upside. Not to mention the fact that both Jaskin and Porter have barely played all season.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I don't see a scenario where the Blues scratch both MPS and Roy in favor of Jaskin and Porter. Paajarvi has the same checking ability as Porter, and he has more offensive upside. Not to mention the fact that both Jaskin and Porter have barely played all season.

I would feel much more comfortable with Porter on the fourth line over Paajarvi in the playoffs.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Morrow-Sobotka-Ott
X-Lapierre-Reaves

On the 4th-line LW I would play Porter against LA/ANA so we can have the added grit, and Paajarvi against CHI/DAL where we need more speed/skill. I don't think Jaskin will really see any playing time unless we absolutely need him to.

I suppose Roy could play against a team like Chicago, but I don't know...having him in the bottom 6 in the playoffs just doesn't seem favorable.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hitch will alternate sitting out several players, to provide rest, and get a look at the lesser-played players. During the playoffs, whoever hasn't played well, recently, may lose out.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
When it comes to the playoffs I would sit Roy granted we are fully healthy. Roy just does not fit our style at all, I have watched his play specifically over the last few games and he bring zero physicality. I am not even talking about throwing hits the guy shies away from board battles. Multiple times in the past few games when the puck gets pushed up the boards from one board battle and the opposing player gets it, Roy will skate by and try a stick check/lift and after that fails he will just fall back. He never puts a body on an opposing player, that **** won't fly in the playoffs.

Playoff lines should be

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Morrow-Sobotka-Ott
Paajarvi-Lapierre-Reaves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad