Speculation: So who's the new Captain?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
You don't view staring down a player like he's done on occasion to be showing someone up? Come on, man. That's absurd. I can't think of another player out there who does it like Hank does. It's not a good look for him as it serves no purpose. Hell, it's been pointed out for years, now.

The man has few faults. But that sure as **** is one. It's obnoxious.

I guess I don't view it as nearly as much of an issue as you do.

Not nearly

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You don't view staring down a player like he's done on occasion to be showing someone up? Come on, man. That's absurd. I can't think of another player out there who does it like Hank does. It's not a good look for him as it serves no purpose. Hell, it's been pointed out for years, now.

The man has few faults. But that sure as **** is one. It's obnoxious.
I love Hank but I've hated him doing this for years. You don't see anyone giving him shit when he's letting softies in. I agree. Completely unnecessary.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
The more I think about it, the more I think that we could very well go years before we have another captain. There's just so much uncertainty with who's staying and who's going and being captain of this team is a big deal. Under normal, non-rebuild circumstances the captain would most likely be Zucc, but given that everyone is still available for trade with more moves to make I just can't see management confidently handing out a "C" anytime soon.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If NYR hang on to Zuccarello, it'll be Zuccarello.

Small chance if not that it'll be Staal. He's served his time and can preside over a rebuild. Injuries and decline aside he'll be remembered as a damn solid NY Ranger.

Beyond that, all bets are off. McDonagh surprised me as a pick at the time. Seemed more like a choice of the best player over a vocal leader.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The more I think about it, the more I think that we could very well go years before we have another captain. There's just so much uncertainty with who's staying and who's going and being captain of this team is a big deal. Under normal, non-rebuild circumstances the captain would most likely be Zucc, but given that everyone is still available for trade with more moves to make I just can't see management confidently handing out a "C" anytime soon.

There will be a C in the fall of 2018 no?

I don't think the Jagr post lockout thing is going to work again unless I get my time machine going.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
i think it should be Kreider eventually. But imo as long as Hank is on the team no one else should have a C.

Next year's As: Zucc, Staal, Kreider, Shattenkirk

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Not sure why Zucc would be interested in another team friendly deal.
I think he wants to be a Ranger for life. Wouldn´t be surprised if he resigns on a cheap contract if he is offered long term and som years with no trade clause. He wants to win, and he knows that won´t happen for at least some years.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think he wants to be a Ranger for life. Wouldn´t be surprised if he resigns on a cheap contract if he is offered long term and som years with no trade clause. He wants to win, and he knows that won´t happen for at least some years.
How much money has Zac made in his career? How many times has he been an UFA?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I don't think the Rangers feel the same way about him.

Reactions: jas

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Its not normal because the NHL has a rule against it :) In 1948 the NHL ruled that it was illegal to name your goalie captain or alternative captain (called the Durnan rule).

The Canucks named Luongo team captain in 2008 - 2010, but due to the rule of him not being allowed a letter, Willie Mitchell was wearing the C. The Rangers could so something similar i guess, just make Hank the official captain, then slap the C on one of the others. Though i dont think Hank needs a letter, he has managed for a decade without it :)
The Luongo thing is why I thought naming a goalie captain was legal. I couldn't recall if he ever actually wore a C though. Lundqvist's jersey with a C would be so f***ing awesome, it's a shame that can't be a thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad